Close

FFCP printing issue

I have a new FFCP printer that has printed fairly well while I am learning this 3D print capability. My FFCP occasionally squeaks when it makes long transits that I assumed were normal, but the last and largest print I have tried was pretty much a disaster. It looks like bees flying around a beehive. It is supposed to be a reducer for a vacuum system on my table saw from a 4 inch hole to a 1.5 inch hole. I found the printer stuck in one position with the filament still oozing. When I stopped the print and the table went to the bottom of the case and made a ratchet type sound. I have also had problems with bed leveling in the sense that I have to do about every three prints. The rods on the printer carriage look to be well lubricated. I suspect something is slipping between the drive motors and the bed and/or the print heads. I would like to get input before I start taking my new FFCP apart.
    Thanks,
    Tom

error print.jpg

Super Moderator
    Could be a variety of things. Bad model to printing to fast.
    I would run the model through a checker like makepritable.com to make sure it is ok.

What was the material, temps and speeds? Was this printed from SD card?

Engineer-in-Training
    squeaking is often a sign of a bad bearing

I tried the makeprintable.com but it looks like they are off-line to come out of beta. The material is ABS with nozzle at 230 and bed at 110 C. I did the print via USB but tried a subsequent version off SD card with similar but not the same results. The print speed is 3600 mm/min. X/Y Axis movement 4200 mm/min and Z axis movement speed 1200 mm/min. Both of failures happen at similar Z axis height of about 1.7 - 2 inches in height. I have changed the overall height of the model by two inches and changed the slope of change in diameter. I am printing this third version from USB too.

Quote Originally Posted by djprinter View Post
    squeaking is often a sign of a bad bearing
    I hope it is not a bad bearing the printer is only a month old. Maybe some lube on horizontal rods?

Super Moderator
    Yes they are, I just got a notification on that1

Quote Originally Posted by towatson View Post
    I tried the makeprintable.com but it looks like they are off-line to come out of beta. The material is ABS with nozzle at 230 and bed at 110 C. I did the print via USB but tried a subsequent version off SD card with similar but not the same results. The print speed is 3600 mm/min. X/Y Axis movement 4200 mm/min and Z axis movement speed 1200 mm/min. Both of failures happen at similar Z axis height of about 1.7 - 2 inches in height. I have changed the overall height of the model by two inches and changed the slope of change in diameter. I am printing this third version from USB too.

Super Moderator
    Check for free movement and lube it if needed but with like 3 in 1 oil or something lite. Also try cutting the print speed way back to maybe 2000mm/min.