Close

Pratt & Whitney R 985

This is a model that I printed using a Z Corp 510 and a Makergear M2. Some parts were machined and some were off the shelf. The ignition harness is stainless steel as are the push rod tubes. Stand is aluminum as is the main shaft. Prop and hub is PLA. Crankcase, Heads, Cylinders and Turbo housing and plates are powder. Although I am making the next one all in PLA on the Makergear M2 using Raptor filiment. Over 100 nyloc nuts and set screws were used. I think that 3D is not only the plastic printing (and powder and metal) but the ability to use all possible and available abilities to create something useful, functional or ascetically pleasing . I designed the solid model in IRONCAD using the best photos I could find and some manuals. I had no blueprints. See pictures in following post. Clicking on this attachment only downloads picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Corvair; 01-18-2017 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Can't get decent pic into post

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Got a bigger picture ?

I got pics

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Got a bigger picture ?
    I have pictures but I don't know how to get them in the forum. My pics have too many mb to download. When I save them in a small enough size that will download, they are the size of a ladybug. Any suggestions? Would I have to take new pictures with the camera on lower settings? I would like to get them in the thread like I see in other post not as an attachment. The model is 1/3 scale.
    Last edited by Corvair; 01-16-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Here is another try to get a picture into the thread. Hope it works.
    Last edited by Corvair; 01-18-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Testing picture uploads

Lets see if this one is any better.

Last edited by Corvair; 01-18-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Got a bigger picture ?
    Are these (in above post ) pictures any better?

Very Nice! Do you have a printer file to share?

Quote Originally Posted by dkurtzid2 View Post
    Very Nice! Do you have a printer file to share?
    I am not releasing any files at this time. There are too many parts that are not 3D printed and I don't have drawings. A lot of machining went into making it. Thanks for looking and the compliment.