Close

Administrator

ActivArmor Completes Field Tests for 3D Printed Casts

Colorado-based company ActivArmor has completed the necessary field tests for its 3D printed casts, and though the casts have previously been available across the Colorado Front Range, we learned this week that the company will be going nationwide with the versatile new casts later this year. ActivArmor casts are custom fit support devices that are unique to each patient's body. They are "mapped to the contours of the limb or injuries requiring stabilization and support." The injured limb is 3D mapped so each client can get an exact fit, unlike options such as progressive layers of molded tape or low temperature thermoplastic. Read more at 3DPrint.com: https://3dprint.com/161617/3d-printed-activarmor-casts/

This is very interesting and relevant to me, thanks. As this is the place for discussion, I am in the process of designing something like this that wraps around the forarm. I see these have a clasping mechanism and wonder if you could point me to more ways to create ways to link pieces together like this. I also want to design a pocket with a door and need to learn how to design advanced versions of that in 3d. Can you point me in a good direction? Would anyone like to help me make some Halo Type Armor pieces please? We would print some nice samples! Thanks in advance