Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Nevermind I have fixed it. I will let you know how my print turns out.

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Odd. I would try then under help to reset back to all defaults. This can help clean up anything that may have gotten out of wack. Then check for updates and after that run the configuration wiz again and see how it goes.

Okay, I changed the profile to Flashforge Dreamer and my print is still leaning.

Super Moderator
    Good and not good! We at least can say the profile is probably not the cause. So we look elsewhere.

Engineer-in-Training
    With the printer turned off, slide the carriages back and forth on both X-axis and Y-Axis to see if anything is sticking. Check for loose belts and pulleys.

jeffmorris,

I have done that and nothing seems like it is sticking (at least enough to oppose the torque of these motors).

Technologist
    I think the firmware in the printer has an incorrect setting for the steps per mm.

Check with another owner as to what this setting should be.

Is the firmware in the printer changed in the simplify3d software?

Technologist
    Looking at it again, it's almost like it's missing a step - or a mm or 2 when reversing.

I am now wondering if it's a mechanical error or maybe a damaged cable.

How about checking if a drive pulley has worked loose on the stepper motor shaft? It only needs a tiny amount of movement to give this error, but it does seem too uniform to be much else.

Super Moderator
    I think looking at the firmware settings is a good idea. If it did get changed somehow or flashed to the wrong one, that would make some sense. I think we did try different slicers and different profiles and got the same results so I think the slicer is mostly ruled out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast