Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Powerspec Ultra 3D Prints are leaning in the -X direction

My Powerspec Ultra printer is leaning in the -X direction. I am very new to 3D printing and have looked all over for an answer to my problem but I cannot find one. I am using Simplify 3D and have tried using the default program that came with the printer (Powerprint) and have tried slic3r and skeinforge slicers in this program and each has leaned like the rest. The bed is level and I know that this is usually an issue of the pulley slipping but with this model the pulleys do not have set screws. Bought the printer new from microcenter and it is about 6 months old. This is a new problem. Any help is appreciated. I have attached an image.
    IMG_1623.jpg

Thanks

Technologist
    Looks like the calibration of the X-Axis is not correct in the software or firmware. Essentially, it thinks that 10mm is actually 10.1mm or something like that.

Have you changed any presets or done a factory reset on the printer? This would not appear to be a hardware fault, as the error is too consistent and grows from the start point.

noiseboy72,

Thanks for the help. I haven't changed any preset that I know of. I believe your theory could be correct. Could you tell me how to calibrate the X-axis on my specific printer? Or is this something I need to do in Simplify3D?

Thanks!

Super Moderator
    What printer are you selecting in the software? I think this one is going to be a Replicator 1 (Dual) as a base, also could use Flashforge Creeator Pro. If I have the right printer!!

wirlybird,

If I go to help>configuration assistant in simplify3D I choose the "Powerspec Ultra" printer. Is this what you are referring to? My printer is a Powerspec Ultra 3D.

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Yes. Try the Flashforge Dreamer profile in S3D. Check out the forums at S3D and also see this post if it helps.

https://www.3dhubs.com/talk/thread/l...-3d-simplify3d

Super Moderator
    If it still gives you trouble I would email S3D support and ask them about the profile to use.

wirlybird,

Okay, I will try that. But like I said in my original post I have tried using simplify3D and the software that came with the printer (Powerprint) and both have caused a leaning.

Super Moderator
    yea, I saw that. Just not really sure what it could be but figuring out which profile is good is a starting point!

wirlybird,

When I click on Flashforge Dreamer in the configuration assistant a profile is not created in my process settings. Any ideas?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast