Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What printer did you use to achieve the fine prints you posted?
    Im just a bit worried about 100 microns, dont know if its fine enough without any vapor baths etc.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakku View Post
    What printer did you use to achieve the fine prints you posted?
    Im just a bit worried about 100 microns, dont know if its fine enough without any vapor baths etc.
    Those are off a flash forge dreamer. Same guts as the creator pro. Layer height on those was .16. Printing at anything less than .1 is difficult and slow. I rarely use a .1 height. Normally i print at .15 to .2.

I like the machine so much i bought a creator pro used from a a guy that never even printed an entire spool for $500 as second printer.

Nice, that settles it then.

If I can reach that point you showed on the pictures with a flash forge creator pro 2016, I´ll be happy.
    That will be plently for me.
    And its less then half of the cost of the ultimaker.

Only the problem remains, how to get one.
    One of the resellers in germany doesnt have it and I dont know, if flash forge ships the printers themselves.

If anything goes well, I can buy it beginning next month.
    I´ll use the waiting time for getting into slicing programms.

Anything I need additionally except the printer?

And is the flash forge compatible towards other filaments then the ones from flash forge?

Im pretty excited.

Engineer-in-Training
    Flashforge sells direct although i am unsure of shipping to germany. The sight says shipping and VAT included if you scroll to the bottom of that page.

http://www.flashforge.com/creator-pro-3d-printer/

The printers are open to pretty much any 1.75mm filament that prints below 240-250c. Anything above that you will need to upgrade to an all metal hot end from micro swiss. Jfkansas has some nice mods on his site. I have used fillament from all kinds manufacturers with good results.

I would mod it to use a removable glass build plate. It just makes life easier on you and the printer. It's cheap.

Any link for a tutorial how to mod to a removable glass build plate?

Engineer-in-Training
    http://makersome.com/project/how-to-...ro-3d-printer/

The files are available for download to be printed. You can get glass cut anywhere. I can provide stl's for a specific thickness of glass. I use 4 corner clamps and thumb nuts to lossen/tighten them. I can post links tomorrow. Pretty cheap easy stuff.

A major 3d printer youtuber recommended the flash forge dreamer to me.

Now im confused, internal-wise, they seem nearly the exact same.
    Dont know which one to get now.

Cant spot major differences between the creater pro 2016 and the dreamer except the dreamer has wifi and a touch screen.

Engineer-in-Training
    I have the Dreamer and it is a very nice little unit. The two problems with it are a plastic frame. The metal of the creator is more sturdy and way more flame retardant should something happen. Number 2 is that the dreamer rolls are inside the machine. If you want to use them in that position you are restricted on what filament you can used based on the size of the spools. When I get home tonight or tomorrow morning I will post some pictures as I have both machines.

The two machines are very similar mechanically and electrically. The touch screen on the Dreamer is a nice to have but you really don't use it much other than for filament loading, bed leveling, manual movement and preheating.

Okay, thanks!

Yeah, the filament restriction with the spools doesnt sound that great, I tend more towards the creator.

Something else, many people praise the slicing software Simplify3D, although its pretty costly.

Im totally new to slicing programs, but there are so many out there, hard to choose.

Cura, replicator, simplify etc.

Any recommondation for a new user/beginner in combination with the creator pro?

Engineer-in-Training
    Ok here is where you may need to explore on your own. Flash print, cura and replicator are all free. Flash print being specifically being written for flashforge has some interesting options for supports. Print times were significantly longer from what it was telling me on screen. Cura seems to work well. I don't care for replicator at all. Download and play with them.
    I am the wrong person to give advice on software. The CAD packages i use are thousands of dollars and i have made hundreds of thousands over the years using them(creo and solidworks). $150 for something that works and is pretty flexible when it comes to supports is more than worth it to me.

I highly reccomend reading the sailfish manual in the sticky in the flash forge forum and study what the settings do. Also look at the trouble shooting guide on S3D's site for a visualon print defects. The whole thing can be frustrating until you learn what realates to what and what controls what.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast