I co-own a small robotics company and have recently found myself ordering more 3D printed parts. Since I have about
20 years of extra robotic components laying around, I decided to see if I could put together a large volume
(600mm x 800 mm x 600 mm) 3D printer. As it turns out, I have the following items:

- six 25 mm diameter by 1.2 meter CNC rails with twelve recirculating ball carrier blocks
- three 25 mm diameter by 10 mm pitch ball screws with anti-backlash ball nuts
- two NEMA 43 stepper motors 12 Nm peak, 2400 rpm max, 4000 ppr built in encoder, closed loop hybrid controllers
- one NEMA 23 setpper motor 2 Nm peak , 1800 rpm max, 4000 ppr build in encoder, with closed loop hybrid controller
- one welded aluminum cubic structure ~1 meter cube on wheels
- 2 kw adjustable DC power supply

Of course, this is extreme overkill. The ball screws can put out 5000 lbs of force and the rails are rated for 2000 mm/sec.
But I could use it for laser cutting and machining in addition to 3D printing.

Even though I have 25 years experience in robotics, I have NO domain knowledge in 3D printing and would appreciate
opinions on the following questions:

1) I do not want to develop my own g-code electronics. The closed loop stepper motor controllers I have accept dir/step
commands which I can tap off just about any existing board. Are any existing boards fast enough to support my
required 160,000 steps per second?

2) If I drive the ball screws at 1:1 for X and Y, my max comfortable speed is 300 mm/sec. That seems OK. My max acceleration
at that max speed is ~5,000 mm/sec^2. Is that sufficient? My single step distance is 2.5 micro meters. Is that OK?

3) I would like to start with a 400mm by 400mm heated bed. I can't seem to find borosilicate glass that large. Is there any other
material that can be substituted? Has anybody tried hard anodized aluminum?

4) There will be essentially no mass limit on the head. I have been reading a lot about how much trouble dual extruders are.
Is there anything I can do with all of this mass margin to accommodate dual or quad extruders?

Thanks for your time and input!