Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Staff Engineer
    You might think about changing the name, to avoid confusion with 3D Monstr, which is already making large-format printers: https://www.3dmonstr.com/

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorris View Post
    I ordered new heating block assembly and stepper motor wires from the company that makes Flashforge and PowerSpec printers and the parts are stuck at customs for two days.
    It depends on the clarity of the packing declaration and the inspector but that is the way it is with Chinese importing. Corps go through the same thing.

Student
    Thank you awerby, I wasn't aware of that company. I'm wondering why they chose Monstr without the E. I'll give this some thought. One option would be to use the name of a specific monster. Vampire 3D? the sad thing would be I'd been thinking of calling printer models after specific monsters so using one monster name for the company would wreck that

The good news is their largest printer is the size I am planning for my smallest one & they're charging twice my target price!

Technologist
    Follow wendy On Twitter Add wendy on Facebook Add wendy on Google+
    Thanks for your explaining!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Be interested to see 'the monster' - when it actually exists :-)

As far as chinese built printers go - My flashforge creator is an awesome piece of kit.
    Well made, reliable and was extremely well packed when i got it. I'll recommend flashforge build quality all day long.

My klic-n-print.
    While also based on the replicator dual - is a full metal framed beast that you wouldn't want to drop on your foot ! I 'think' it was made in the usa.
    It doesn't use the standard rep-clone build plate, it's a couple cm larger in each direction, which would suggest custom made rather than existing off the shelf.

They both have their good points - but build quality wise - very little to choose between them.

That said the flashforge rep clones do cost a lot more than the equivalent ctc machines, and the ctc's do seem to be made from cheaper parts. So as with any industry - regardless of country of origin - there will always be better and worse companies.

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster 3D View Post
    Thank you awerby, I wasn't aware of that company. I'm wondering why they chose Monstr without the E.

[Probably because it was easier to find a domain name that way.]

I'll give this some thought. One option would be to use the name of a specific monster. Vampire 3D? the sad thing would be I'd been thinking of calling printer models after specific monsters so using one monster name for the company would wreck that

[There are lots of large things that aren't monsters. In the spirit of the incoming administration, you could even call it "Yuuge"...]

The good news is their largest printer is the size I am planning for my smallest one & they're charging twice my target price!
    [Maybe they know something you haven't found out yet.]

Engineer-in-Training
    The parts are stuck at a place called "American New York Gateway" over the weekend. Why can't they beam the parts to my house like they do on "Star Trek" TV shows and movies?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I suspect they tried to beam them, but your receiver was turned off :-)

Had a parcel due friday. Come friday evening I checked my amazon account to find that the parcels had 'been handed to the recipeint'.
    No they hadn't.
    Decided to go check if they'd been delivered to my next door neighboyrs - opend my front door and they were on the doormat.
    Given that nobody knocked on the door or rang the bell and the dogs didn't hear anyone come through the gate - I can only assume they were beamed to my door and the receiver is built intomy doormat :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12