Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training

Problems with my PowerSpec Ultra 3D printer?

I have PowerSpec Ultra 3D printer that I bought after Christmas last year. Now I have weird problems with it. The right extruder motor makes clicking noises last month and now the left extruder motor makes clicking noises. They stopped extruding filament. I tried swapping cables and I don't know which parts are bad: cables, stepper motors, stepper motors drivers, driver board, or power supply. How can I fix the problem or should I buy a new printer? If I want to buy a new printer, I'm thinking of buying the Makerfarm Pegasus 12 printer.

Super Moderator
    Are you sure that there are no clogs? Those steppers hardly go bad.

Engineer-in-Training
    The nozzles are not clogged. I can't push the filament through the extruders because they make clicking noises. While I was replacing the fans in front of the extruders du to broken blades, I found a broken wire that came off the connector that plugs into the stepper motors. I thought I fixed it but it didn't work.

Super Moderator
    Try running the steppers while off the machine to make sure nothing is binding them. The clicking normally means they are skipping steps. In other words they can't turn.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorris View Post
    The nozzles are not clogged. I can't push the filament through the extruders because they make clicking noises. While I was replacing the fans in front of the extruders du to broken blades, I found a broken wire that came off the connector that plugs into the stepper motors. I thought I fixed it but it didn't work.

Engineer-in-Training
    I took the steppers off the machine and tried to run them but they are clicking and the shafts move back and forth slightly. I disconnected the cables from the steppers and I can turn the shafts.

Super Moderator
    As a last resort you could get either the X or Y stepper and plug it in and see what happens. If it still have the issue then that narrows it down.

What is the firmware and version?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorris View Post
    I took the steppers off the machine and tried to run them but they are clicking and the shafts move back and forth slightly. I disconnected the cables from the steppers and I can turn the shafts.

Engineer-in-Training
    When I connect the extruder stepper to the X-axis cable, the stepper turns smoothly. I couldn't connect the X-axis stepper to the extruder cable because it was too short. The firmware version is: V2.2 20150612.

Super Moderator
    What "make" is the firmware? Marlin?

Super Moderator
    I would suggest looking into updating the firmware. May take some research to see what people are doing. Don't know if it will solve your problem but it is generally a good idea to be on the latest firmware version.

Engineer-in-Training
    I'm on the latest fireware version. I don't know who makes the fireware. I checked the power supply and it's at the correct voltage of 24V. The names of the boards in the bottom of the printer are:
    Flashforge DriveBoard REVF
    Flashforge CoreBoard REVJ
    five StepDrv 2.1 boards.
    The printer is Flashforge Dreamer clone, not Flashforge Creator clone. It has the Flashforge Dreamer electronics in Flashforge Creator chassis/body.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast