Close

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jstrack2 View Post
    Most of these models are intended to be printed significantly bigger than I am printing them.
    That's very interesting. Could it be that the slicer, due to reduced scale, creates holes where the walls are thinner? Or causes under-curing of very thin sections?

Engineer-in-Training
    I tried to print a Yoda and Julia Vase, yet they have holes in them. I will post pictures tomorrow. Also I will be trying some other prints, so more you shall get!

BTW the prints should look nicer if they are bigger. When I get a new stand in a few days I will start increasing the size of my prints some. I think that it is worth repeating though that there really isn't a limit to the size (provided you wait long enough and have enough resin). With bigger prints the curvature will be less extreme and I am guessing the holes would disappear. Most of these models are intended to be printed significantly bigger than I am printing them.

Interested to see whether your holes in Yoda are in the same places as the 'official' print. That would tell us a bit more about whether the holes are predictable based on the process or just random.

Staff Engineer
    That would be an interesting experiment. I doubt we'll have any kind of "hole predictor" software to help optimize a model for the Peachy, but we might be able to come up with some general guidelines for making models that will print small and detailed without holes.

Though I think what would make most people sit up and take notice of the Peachy would be a Julia vase that is actually vase-sized.

Technician
    juliavase.jpgyoda1front.jpgyoda1back.jpg

Alright so these are prints I did yesterday. Both are very small, even smaller than what the Peachy team did. Today I spent time playing around with settings and experimenting with different things, so hopefully tomorrow I can print a lot better Julia Vase and Yoda.

I think that the holes tend to occur where these is a lot of curvature, but they are not totally predictable. I don't all that well know what specific problems occur by shrinking models. As I experiment more hopefully I will get a better feel for it.

Finally I agree Feign I think that a big print will get people interested. I am not yet ready to go for the gold and print something huge, but I will start making some bigger prints soon and eventually I might try something very big.

Student
    Hey guys, looks promising. Take it this is with the new magnetic dampener?

For me accuracy is the main concern and not large overhangs or super thin walls. So although it is nice to see the Julia Vase and Joda, these very rough objects with no real measurable reference points don't really tell me that much other then that the printer seems to work well. Don't get me wrong, I am loving the ongoing development.

Where can I upload a STL file of an object for people to print that may give a better feel for the achieved accuracy?
    Last edited by jjmouris; 09-19-2014 at 12:45 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    juliavase.jpgyoda1front.jpgyoda1back.jpg

Alright so these are prints I did yesterday. Both are very small, even smaller than what the Peachy team did. Today I spent time playing around with settings and experimenting with different things, so hopefully tomorrow I can print a lot better Julia Vase and Yoda.

I think that the holes tend to occur where these is a lot of curvature, but they are not totally predictable. I don't all that well know what specific problems occur by shrinking models. As I experiment more hopefully I will get a better feel for it.

Finally I agree Feign I think that a big print will get people interested. I am not yet ready to go for the gold and print something huge, but I will start making some bigger prints soon and eventually I might try something very big.
    I'm wondering whether time lapse filming the print would shed some light on why the holes are occurring ? The 'lapse it' app on any Android phone would do the job

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_biddell View Post
    I'm wondering whether time lapse filming the print would shed some light on why the holes are occurring ? The 'lapse it' app on any Android phone would do the job
    Well your going to love a certain update coming out soon

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rylangrayston View Post
    Tantalising......... I wait with eager anticipation LOL.

I can't wait!

Damnit! Now I´ll have to refresh this site even more often.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast