Close

Help X axis stops

I have the following setup

Board : GT2560 (also tryed with ramps, but the same)

Drivers:

DRV8825 for x, y, and z axis

A4988 for the extruder

Firmware Marlin and repetier

Everything is working fine until i star printing, after a few layers (usualy 3 or 4 layers) the x axis just stops, and even if i reset the board wont move.

The only way it gets working agains is if i unplug everything and start over.

Checked voltage on the drivers and endstops and it seams ok just before starting to print.

Can someone give me a hand please?

Is the X Axis getting too much power and the driver chip entering thermal protection shutdown mode? After it stops, does it start moving after a few minutes?

Checked all the wiring and it seams ok (anyway i will be making new wiring becouse its an upgraded version, larger, and i want to make the conection in one piece with no weldin betwen)
    I have earlier checked the power on the chip, now i have changed to a A4988 and testing.
    so far it's printing for more than an hour and so far so good...... (cross mi fingers)

spooken to soon

I printed 3 medium sized object ok all together with around 300 x 100 mm. got a great print.

Just to check printed a small calibration 20x20 and all ok

tried to print a larger one 350x350mm and the x axis seams to block.

Teste with g1 x400 y400, after homing, and i the x axis always seams to block around 2/3 of the way.

i have testet with f parameter from 6000 to 1000, and always the same result.

I think that it needs more power source using this:
    HTB1ps4bLFXXXXaqXVXXq6xXFXXX7.jpg

Can i use 2 diferent transformers, or must o change to a stronger power source?

Note: mi heated bed is powered with 220v with a SSR conetect do the board, and tests were made with extruder and bed off