Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks wirlybird. Is it safe to assume that the numbers are more of a course adjustment and the set screw is a fine adjustment? In my predicament the set screw was too loose so I am compensating by changing numbers? It use to work fine at 3 before when I was using a white PLA from Hatchbox but the blue stuff is a lot more flexible for some reason.

Super Moderator
    The method I gave is how to set the tension for overall. Then use 1-4 as needed like you mentioned based on hardness etc. If ABS doesn't go on 4 then go to 3 etc. I run PLA on 4

Quote Originally Posted by athlon2k2 View Post
    Thanks wirlybird. Is it safe to assume that the numbers are more of a course adjustment and the set screw is a fine adjustment? In my predicament the set screw was too loose so I am compensating by changing numbers? It use to work fine at 3 before when I was using a white PLA from Hatchbox but the blue stuff is a lot more flexible for some reason.

I think I understand now. So you sort of "calibrate" the numbers for the filament. In your first example you use PLA on 4. Once you get that dialed in, it should be as easy as moving numbers for different types of filament as in your second example with ABS. Am I getting it?

Super Moderator
    That is how I approached it. Use PLA to set position 4 resistance or pressure with the set screw and then the rest are good. The CAM/number position adjusts the pressure accordingly.
    The softer the material the lower the number.
    When I run Ninja or TPU on position 1 or 2 (Probably 1 but I forget which off hand) it seems to be working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by athlon2k2 View Post
    I think I understand now. So you sort of "calibrate" the numbers for the filament. In your first example you use PLA on 4. Once you get that dialed in, it should be as easy as moving numbers for different types of filament as in your second example with ABS. Am I getting it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12