Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where are you buying filament these days?

Where are folks buying filament these days? Makergeeks used to be my go-to seller but has gone way downhill imo (slow ship/no ship). Looking for basic abs and hi-perf pla.

Super Moderator
    I agree on Makergeeks. Got a large order and none of it was vacuum sealed and the filament was wet. No response from service either. They really went down hill.

I have been primarily using Hatchbox. I get it from Amazon and from newegg.com. newegg has good prices and free ship but it does take longer than prime shipping.

The one thing to watch for is un-authorized sellers of Hatchbox. Go to their site and check for a list of good sellers or email them.

Surprisingly a seller called something like "fire sale merchant" is authorized!

Between Amazon and newegg I am finding good selection and prices.

I have used some eSun with good results and some rigid ink filament. I went to these two for some specialty stuff with good results.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    We've been getting all our ABS from Sainsmart.com for years. Excellent consistency in color, diameter, and performance.

Super Moderator
    Directly from them?

Well! I answered my own question when I looked again!

Engineer
    I've been buying Hatchbox on Amazon with Prime for a long time now. Usually $23 with free 2 day shipping.

That said, their prices seem to be going up on some colors, and with the delay in shipping because of Holidays I went to a store semi-near me and bought a few rolls of Inland PLA. I've tried the stuff a long time ago, it was decent. This is supposed to be "better quality formula" than before, so we will see. I hope it is just as nice, because it's only $14.99 per 1 KG and I can pick it up in a store

Super Moderator
    Be really careful about Hatchbox on Amazon or elsewhere. There are only 3, I think, authorized Hatchbox resellers. There are a lot of counterfeits on Amazon. Hatchbox puts out notices all the time about bad sellers on Amazon.

Engineer-in-Training
    I have been buying ESUN PETG from Amazon for about $25 with two-day free shipping.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I can recommend genuine e-sun pla and pet-g.
    But even they are prone to people selling other stuff claiming to be esun.

My good pla is still reprapper tech from 3dfilaprint.com

But I've got nothing but good to say about e-sun filament. I wouldn't call it premium as it does have minor shrinkage compared to reprapper pla and colorfabb pet-g. But it's damn near half the price and the esun whirte pla is probably my favourite white pla yet.

It seems like there is a drought of PLA on Amazon right now... especially Hatchbox. Ive been waiting for weeks with no luck. Even New Egg has limited colors. I tried some Sainsmart red and didnt have very good luck with it. Any suggestions?

Student
    We have ABS and PLA Filaments for 3D Printers at Infinity 3D Printing in Australia. We provide free shipping in Australia and New Zealand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast