Close

Random lines in print

Hey everyone, lately I have been getting this weird random lines throughout my prints. I don't think it is z-wobble because i have the floating z-axis mod on my prusa i3. my belts are tight and my x-axis is solid with no play. However, my glass build platform is too small for my heated bed so i can only use two clips to hold it down, could this cause such lines? I'm at a lose atm so any help would be great, thanks.

p.s both of these prints are rather large and printed at 0.1 layer heightIMG_8320.JPGIMG_8317.jpg

The random lines are the width of whatever feature they jet off from. For example if my county boundary is 5 pt then a 5pt random line will jet off from one of the vertices or serveral will from various locations. They only appear during physcially printing.

The random lines are the width of whatever feature they jet off from. For example if my county boundary is 5 pt then a 5pt random line will jet off from one of the vertices or serveral will from various locations. They only appear during physcially printing.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    did it do it before you modded the z-axis ?

Thanks for the reply's, after hours of printing a research i fixed 90% of the problem. I seems the problem was with my retraction, I was retracting 3mm at 1800mm/s which did not give the extruder enough time to relieve the pressure in the nozzle...so i think. I change my retraction to 4mm and 1000mm/s and got prints that are as good as im going to get from my inexpensive i3. Here are a few pictures of the problem before and after i changed retraction settings. They are all under the same lighting.

Before
    IMG_8536.jpgIMG_8525.jpg

After

IMG_8543.jpgIMG_8573.jpgIMG_8509.jpg
    Last edited by tythebuilder; 12-14-2016 at 06:27 PM.

Super Moderator
    So you increased the distance and slowed it down? Interesting. Looks promising.
    How does a cube come out that is solid infill?