Close



Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 68
  1. #11
    Super Moderator DrLuigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    503
    Lately ive got the issue that the button sticks, wich causes the Z endstop being pressed all time,
    I was already guessing this would happen due the hairspray,
    Do you have any advice ?
    I guess i will try and leave it like that unstucked, for 3 days and afterwards replace it if it didnt go away.

  2. #12
    Super Moderator Roxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    2,117
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLuigi View Post
    Lately ive got the issue that the button sticks, wich causes the Z endstop being pressed all time,
    I was already guessing this would happen due the hairspray,
    Do you have any advice ?
    I guess i will try and leave it like that unstucked, for 3 days and afterwards replace it if it didnt go away.
    Wow! That is horrible! The only thing I can think of would be to soak the switch in acetone. But given how cheap those switches are, I don't think I would risk it. I suspect it would be safe to soak it in acetone but the problem is you can't see what is inside. I would be worried the opposite thing would happen. I would worry a thin film of plastic got deposited on the contacts and then everything would act flakey.

    I kind of risk the same thing spraying hair spray on the bed with the probe measuring things. But the good news is I'm spraying down and the switch button is kind of shielded. But I'm going to be more careful going forward!

  3. #13
    Sticky due to constructiveness and usefulness

  4. #14
    Super Moderator DrLuigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Wow! That is horrible! The only thing I can think of would be to soak the switch in acetone. But given how cheap those switches are, I don't think I would risk it. I suspect it would be safe to soak it in acetone but the problem is you can't see what is inside. I would be worried the opposite thing would happen. I would worry a thin film of plastic got deposited on the contacts and then everything would act flakey.

    I kind of risk the same thing spraying hair spray on the bed with the probe measuring things. But the good news is I'm spraying down and the switch button is kind of shielded. But I'm going to be more careful going forward!
    Just as an update, It kinda resolved now,
    After a few clicks i gave it every few hours, it kinda became better and better.

    I did have a few crashes tho, that it pressed once, went up, went back down and didnt stop immeaditly lol.. Hopefuly that doesnt happen anymore :P

    /edit
    Just had it again, weird it just goes to the platform, totaly pressed and just doesnt stop lol..

    /edit
    Well i guess i have found the problem, and a solution, I guess my glass was just to dirty of hairspray that it seem to have probems with it,
    I cleaned it and it does it again just fine.
    Last edited by DrLuigi; 04-22-2014 at 01:35 PM.

  5. #15
    Super Moderator Roxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    2,117
    Sticky due to constructiveness and usefulness
    Updated code coming soon... School work got in the way, and then I tried to move to Arduino 1.05 and everything went Pear-Shaped. But I can build again and will have updated G29 code (that is compatible with the latest release of Marlin) to combine with the updated M48 Z-Probe repeatability code soon....
    M48 Z-Probe Repeatability code has been updated to include an L parameter to add legs of movement prior to each measurement. The code is attached to the first post in this thread.
    Last edited by Roxy; 04-29-2014 at 05:09 PM.

  6. #16
    Here's my result:
    >>>M48 x 100 y 48 V4
    SENDING:M48 x 100 y 48 V4
    M48 Z-Probe Repeatability test. Version 1.85
    Positioning probe for the test.
    1 of 10 z: 4.321000 mean: 4.321000 sigma: 0.000000
    2 of 10 z: 4.327250 mean: 4.324125 sigma: 0.003125
    3 of 10 z: 4.324750 mean: 4.324334 sigma: 0.002568
    4 of 10 z: 4.328750 mean: 4.325438 sigma: 0.002934
    5 of 10 z: 4.328500 mean: 4.326050 sigma: 0.002896
    6 of 10 z: 4.325250 mean: 4.325917 sigma: 0.002660
    7 of 10 z: 4.324750 mean: 4.325750 sigma: 0.002496
    8 of 10 z: 4.327000 mean: 4.325906 sigma: 0.002371
    9 of 10 z: 4.323750 mean: 4.325666 sigma: 0.002336
    10 of 10 z: 4.326250 mean: 4.325725 sigma: 0.002223
    Mean: 4.325725
    Standard Deviation: 0.002223
    echo:endstops hit: Z:4.33

  7. #17
    Super Moderator Roxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    2,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Trike View Post
    Here's my result:
    ...
    Standard Deviation: 0.002223
    I'm Jealous!!! That is amazing! You must have very good equipment!

    You can try:

    M48 x 100 y 48 V4 E L 8

    To beat on the hardware a little bit harder. That will engage and retract the Z-Probe for each measurement and move the X & Y axis around between measurements. Probably, you will get similar results, but not as good as the one you just posted.
    Last edited by Roxy; 05-07-2014 at 11:00 AM.

  8. #18
    I'll give it a try. I'm just using a cheap kw12 switch and a hitec HS65HB servo. This is my first printer (prusa i3 rework), so i'm still dialing it in and getting a feel for it. The bed is con-vexed in the center once it warms up. I was getting pretty inconsistent prints. Once I enabled auto bed leveling and used 25 probe points, everything magically started printing good.

    I like your code, it'll at least give me a baseline to work off of to see if the switch might be failing.

  9. #19
    Super Moderator Roxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    2,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Trike View Post
    I'll give it a try. I'm just using a cheap kw12 switch and a hitec HS65HB servo. This is my first printer (prusa i3 rework), so i'm still dialing it in and getting a feel for it. The bed is con-vexed in the center once it warms up. I was getting pretty inconsistent prints. Once I enabled auto bed leveling and used 25 probe points, everything magically started printing good.

    I like your code, it'll at least give me a baseline to work off of to see if the switch might be failing.
    A lot of people want to use a 3x3 grid. Probably because in the Configuration.h file it says there shouldn't be a need to go higher than that. But I know 4x4 works much better than 3x3 and 5x5 works a little bit better than 4x4.

    How do you know there is a high spot in the center of your bed? (I'm guessing that is what you meant by 'convexed') Did you see that with the T option on the G29 with a 5x5 grid?

  10. #20
    Yeah, I did. I tried shimming one corner to see if it'll help, but one washer was too much. It was worse before the shim. You can see the values increase around the center of the bed. Here's my current topography after the attempted shim in the back right corner.

    Bed Height Topography:
    --0.32057 --0.14357 +0.05043 +0.16118 +0.18893
    --0.35782 --0.15632 +0.02168 +0.14243 +0.16393
    --0.33832 --0.11982 +0.06268 +0.19568 +0.23068
    --0.31157 --0.08457 +0.11868 +0.24968 +0.29593
    --0.35957 --0.14382 +0.05868 +0.17768 +0.21768


    planeNormal x: -0.00 y: 0.00 z: 1.00


    Bed Level Correction Matrix:
    1.00 0.00 0.00
    0.00 1.00 -0.00
    -0.00 0.00 1.00

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •