Close

Administrator

3D Printing While Female

While we’ve looked at a variety of initiatives set up to encourage girls and women to step further into the STEM fields and take their place in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics over time, it can still be disheartening to realize how thoroughly such initiatives are still needed today. Encountering sexism isn't unheard-of in the still heavily male-dominated tech industry, and sometimes that can happen at conferences. 3DPrint.com takes a look at what it means to be in 3D printing while female: https://3dprint.com/156333/3d-printing-while-female/

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    In our 3d printing office, there are two women and only one man )) and there is a lot of fun and we get nice projects.
    Sometimes when I answer the company phone, men block and forget why they were calling. Or sometimes they think I am the secretary and ask for the guy in charge with 3d printing )
    Besides that, I noticed also that the fact we are rare in this domain, makes us more interesting.
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke