• Micro3D

0 0%
  • Tiko

0 0%
  • Monoprice Mini Select

0 0%
  • Monoprice Maker Select

0 0%

Question New member here (with questions)

Hey all !

Just thought I'd drop by and present myself aswell as ask one or two questions while I'm at it. I'm a 3D technical artist in the video game industry with some 5+ years of work experience in the industry. I've always wanted to get a 3D printer and now, it's gotten relatively affordable. I have some models and ideas that I would love to bring to life, but don't really know where to start. I'll be getting a printer for myself over le holiday season, and don't really know which one to get... I've seen a few that interest me and was wondering if any of you have seen/used theses and can cue me in on the pros & cons :

-Micro 3D
    -Tiko
    -Monoprice Select Mini
    -Monoprice Maker Select

This also gives you guys an idea of my budget I know these are all pretty much the same specs, but I would love to know what you guys recommend and think of these printers and their results.

Can't wait to start printing and share the results !

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well to start with you can't buy a tiko yet.
    probably be available sometime next year.

Of those you've listed the monoprice maker select (actually a rebadged wanhao duplicator i3) is easily the best.

The nicro 3d has a lot of issues
    the other monoprice is just teeny tiny, and as mentioned you can't buy a tiko yet :-)

You might want to consider throwing a little more money at it and getting the i3 plus: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wanhao-i3Pl...+duplicator+i3

Or the 2.1 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wanhao-i3v2...+duplicator+i3

I think the monoprice is the original v2. Still a stupidly good buy, it has to be said.