Close

Cool First Versatile Robotic Arm Around $1000 on Kickstarter, Not Just a 3D Printer

Is it available to share this excellent 3d printer to you here? Cause it's powerful to print any shapes with PLA, ABS filament, while the price is only from $999.
    I used to get a Makerbot, which is a powerful 3d printer and the printing process is very smooth. It costs around 3000 USD, which is not so much pricey for makers like me. But it's just a totally 3d printer. The first moment when i saw Makerarm on kickstarter last October, i thought that's the one i want, it can print, laser, draw and pick&place. The question is up to now, i still didn't get it. And backers are starting to worry about the computer vision, mobility and warranty stuff.
    Yesterday, i got an email about the launch news of Dobot M1, which looks like similar with Makerarm outside, while totally different inside, it can print dual-color, moving in the rail to break the space limitation, it's also can be laser engraver, soldering, drawing, picking and placing machine, the visually system can even scan the shape and color of objects, which is highly useful to replace human resources to enhance production line efficiency. What surprises me is the price is totally affordable, the early-bird price is only $999. I also backed one on Kickstarter too, they just launched the project yesterday. The early-bird bundle almost sold out.

The other lead developer for Marlin is currently very active helping MakerArm get their machine going. I'm pretty confident they are will deliver. He doesn't come to this site, but you can ask him questions by creating an 'Issue' at: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/issues

That Dobot looks pretty cool, but I've learned lessons from Kickstarter and will wait until it is on general sale. The soldering feature would be neat, running a wave solder machine at home isn't that practical