Close

Cyclohexane Chair Conformation

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and only seeking assistance for a close friend. They are rather non-technical and have asked for my help in locating assistance on an extra credit assignment for a honors chemistry class. The assignment at hand is to render, in .stl format, a workup of a Cyclohexane "chair conformation" reaction. I have been able to get a stl file created that addresses the base shape, what I need help from whomever is kind enough to give aid is, to engineer a joint at allows movement within a specified range of motion. The catch is that it has to come off of the 3D printer as a "solid piece" (read: no post-assembly). I have attached my source files and would be grateful if anyone could tackle this conundrum for/with me. The blue nodes in the jpg are the ones that need to move, essentially mirrored on their axis I believe. The Wikipedia article was given as reference since organic chemistry hasnt changed much. The following link provides additional information that would be used in creation of the moving pieces: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclohexane_conformation

Respectfully,

-Holland
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files