Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Use Slic3r with a Flashforge Creator Pro

I am sure it is in here somewhere but so far not much luck finding.

How did you set up Slic3r with a Flashforge creator pro 2016? Did you just manually go through all the settings or did you find a profile that is already got the basics?

Thanks for any insight.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    does the latest model still use x3g files ?
    Think it does going by flashprint.
    So, no it's not as straightforward as just picking aprofile. You need to rig it to run gpx after generating the gcode so that you have an x3g file to send to the printer.

As CA says you'll need GPX to convert it to x3g. Alternatively you can export as gcode, import into RepG and export as x3g. Either way you will need to add start, end and tool change gcode. Read this to find out how.

On a related note I could never get great results from Slic3r. Everything was setup and the exported files ran great but I struggled to get it calibrated and suffered from under/over extrusion.

Super Moderator
    Sending to the printer wasn't my question. I understand about the GPX converter.

Read the link I posted for setup information. This has nothing to do with sending anything to the printer.

Super Moderator
    I'll be sure to, thanks!
    This may be a waste of time since S3D is so easy but i have a new printer that as a customized version of Slic3r and figured I'd try it on another also that I am familiar with. Maybe not the greatest idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Read the link I posted for setup information. This has nothing to do with sending anything to the printer.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    profile wise use replicator dual.
    At the end of the day that always seems to work the best of any profile.

Super Moderator
    You must be confusing S3D with Slic3r. Slic3r does not have installed profiles that I am aware of, hence my question on this. I have searched the web and so far no profile someone has set up already and shared.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    You must be confusing S3D with Slic3r. Slic3r does not have installed profiles that I am aware of, hence my question on this. I have searched the web and so far no profile someone has set up already and shared.
    Follow the link I posted. It includes start and end gcodes. I have tried it and it does work.

Super Moderator
    I have been using that. However, there isn't much advice on all of the actual settings other that board type and bed size and how many nozzles, plus how to set up and automate the GPX converter. The start and end codes work but I have had to already adjust them. The move values were very violent.

I am going to watch his mac set up youtube and see if he goes into it any more.

All in all I did manage to get a decent cube. Needs a bunch of work but it is a start. This is more an experiment anyway since S3D does a good job. I have a custom Slic3r version for my MK2 so I thought I would try it on another printer to help learn it.

By the way, I found a GPX converter with a GUI that works very nicely. I save the slic3r GCode to the SD card then run the converter and it puts the new code back to the SD card. Pretty easy.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast