Close

Using a tablet to run a printer

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of designing my own 3D printer, and a hurdle that I cannot get over is the control hardware. I want to use a windows based tablet to run the software (Repeteir, most likely), and the problem I keep running into is that very few tablets have more than one USB port or a separate power jack.
    I have seen and considered the MatterControl tablet, but $300 seems to be a bit steep for a dedicated system.
    Long story short, Does anyone know of a tablet (the smaller and the cheaper, the better) that would work for this?

Thank you

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    We send a Windows TabletPC with every Hyrel - since we found an option which will charge while commuinicating. I can find out what brand and model we use if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    We send a Windows TabletPC with every Hyrel - since we found an option which will charge while commuinicating. I can find out what brand and model we use if you like.
    That would be awesome!Thanks Davo!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the old cheap units used to always have seperate power sockets.
    Might be worth looking at the cheapest one on amazon.
    That said - those would all be android tablets.
    with windows tablets being new (and pointless) I'd be surprised if you'll find any with a seperate power socket.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    It's a CHUWI Hi10, 1920x1200 display, Intel 64 bit quad core Z8300 1.84 GHz with 4G ram.