Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    i jus dont get it. i need to take a hands on class. thanks!

I would recommend getting to know at least one good 3D cad package. Blender is good if your altering files in this way but its a bit complex so you might want to go with something easier. Tinkercad is really easy to use, you could probably just import the shape and then drop in a few cubes to fill the holes.
    Good luck
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikefiatx19 View Post
    Blender is good if your altering files in this way but its a bit complex so you might want to go with something easier.
    You have a gift for 'under statement'. I've use Blender for a few things that nothing else could handle. But Geeeeeze! That program is hard to wrap your mind around. I'm sure if I used it everyday it would get easier and easier. But right now... It is really hard to use. (But for sure... I've done things with it that no other tool could handle!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    You have a gift for 'under statement'.
    Well, what I meant is that if he intends to do a lot of this kind of work then learn Blender. If it's a one off then use Tinkercad which is really easy to understand. Another thing is that Youtube can guide you through most actions in Blender so you dont need to spend days learning it if you only have a specific task in mind.

thanks to everyone for the help ideas etc...

yes i do use tinkercad exclusively its great for a newbie and i learned it easily and it offered me everything i needed till i wanted to fill this part [which is a one off type en devour] i looked at blender and some of the other suggestions trying them i just dont have so much time to learn the complexities. basically i have been using simplify3d and tinkercad and its been great but i do have the desire to learn cad so i need to look into a class. youtube is great but i want live instruction.

thanks again

There is a really good Blender course on a website called Udemy. It was a kickstarter and I backed it and followed the course.
    It's not a live course but then it's only 195 Euro for 276 lessons. A link to it is lower down this post.
    I think you need to be realistic in what kind of instruction you are going to get, live instruction is going to be expensive if you can find it. I haven't seen this kind of instruction.
    Most of the knowledge is out there on the internet for free for anyone who wants to learn it. You either want to learn so you put the effort in or you dont really want to learn. If thats the case then Tinkercad or something on that level will be as far as you can go.

Sorry to be harsh but it's the reality of it. Blender is one of the best packages available at the moment and it doesnt cost a penny. Put in a few evenings a week and after a month you will be able to use it on a basic level. The more you learn then the less you need to go back to youtube for help.

https://www.udemy.com/blendertutorial/

Quote Originally Posted by mikefiatx19 View Post
    There is a really good Blender course on a website called Udemy. It was a kickstarter and I backed it and followed the course.It's not a live course but then it's only 195 Euro for 276 lessons. A link to it is lower down this post.I think you need to be realistic in what kind of instruction you are going to get, live instruction is going to be expensive if you can find it. I haven't seen this kind of instruction. Most of the knowledge is out there on the internet for free for anyone who wants to learn it. You either want to learn so you put the effort in or you dont really want to learn. If thats the case then Tinkercad or something on that level will be as far as you can go. Sorry to be harsh but it's the reality of it. Blender is one of the best packages available at the moment and it doesnt cost a penny. Put in a few evenings a week and after a month you will be able to use it on a basic level. The more you learn then the less you need to go back to youtube for help.
    hello there can you please tell me about that this blender course still available on Udemy or not?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    why not just go to the website and look ?

It'll be quicker than waiting for a reply from someone who hasn't posted for 5 years :-)

Thanks for sharing such interesting topic with the best information with us. We want some more subjects like this one in the future. Thank you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123