Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CTC prusa i3 extruder update

Hello,

I just bought a CTC prusa for nearly nothing, I passed the last 5 days calibrating it and everything is working okay right now, the last problem I got is the extruder that got plastic stuck in it from time to time, I checked it a multiple times and I have plastic that got stuck in my motor gear.

I opened the plastic protecting it and I found that the "lines" made for the filament passage wasn't smooth AT ALL.

The only solution I have now is to change the device.

Problem is that I don't know what's good and bad out there, so I checked on amazon (because I want my delivery for tomorrow or tuesday) and I wonder if this extruder will do the job correctly.

Can you please give me an advice on it ? maybe some good constructors or bad ones out there ?

Thank you.

Samy.

Link to the extruder I want your advice about:
    https://www.amazon.fr/Anycubic-Extru...1&keywords=mk8

Technologist
    The E3D Titan (sold on Amazon or direct) is getting really good reviews although it is much more expensive than what you have. Their hotend is probably the highest rated one out there too. I've read a few forum posts of folks putting this combination on there cheap printer to god results.

The extruder you are linking is a Chinese clone. The Chinese parts have been criticized for the finish on the internal tubes that can catch on filament. You might check youtube for advice as it is a very common extruder. It can be difficult to get it right. Another video I saw had someone using a drill bit and toothpaste to hand ream the tubing on a Chinese E3D clone hotend. The author stated that it took some time but once he got it shiny and smooth it worked well.

Hello and thank you for your response,

The E3D titan is, one, expensive for me, second, the problem I have isn't with the hotend, the hotend is working well and not clogged.

I just want to replace the defective part I have, the one that guides the filament into the hotend.

Can you please tell me what do you think about the one I linked above ?

Technologist
    Sorry, not very familiar with the CTC printer. However, it does look like that would be the correct extruder for that printer but not 100% certain. Are you sure that the extruder you have is faulty or is it a bad design?

Yes I am, I will take a pic tonight and post it

Just changed the plastic extruder to an aluminium one.

Prints got better but still have this issue from time to time.

Cheked it while it's happening and the extruder motor start making "tic tic tic" sound without pulling PLA, I even tried to "force" PLA in but it doesn't get in even with hand help.

Here's the pic of my 5 hours printing, can anyone help me with this issue please?

http://i.imgur.com/HtiK2MT.jpg

Technologist
    Sounds like your stepper is skipping. Might try increasing the voltage on your driver.

How can I do that ?

Quote Originally Posted by KDog View Post
    Sounds like your stepper is skipping. Might try increasing the voltage on your driver.
    Just checked on internet how to do it, I'll check that tonight and come back to you with the result !

Tonight I found the problem.

The retraction was too long causing the melted plastic to get out of the teflon tube then causing a clog, I changed the retraction from 1mm to 0.5mm

I increased the voltage on the drivers too, without multimeter, I just installed a bigger heatsink on it and increased it by 1/8R and things looks running good.

I just hope the E3D V6lite support I'm printing will be printed well because I really need it to replace the stock hotend, I'll keep you upgarded !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast