Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No price bracket is mentioned so my personal recommendation (and my next purchase) would be either the Up Mini 2 or the Up Box.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    No price bracket is mentioned so my personal recommendation (and my next purchase) would be either the Up Mini 2 or the Up Box.
    Curious as to why you would go with a proprietary filament and slicer machine? From my experience with the Cube Duo I wouldn't go that way. I do like that it is enclosed. I would not go for a machine that wasn't enclosed.

Student
    I would agree with a machine that locks you in with the filament. The reasons for a enclosed machine preference?

Engineer-in-Training
    The main reason forn enclosed build chamber is consitancy. Statasys figured this out years ago thus the patents. Drafts... varying humidity and temps... when you eliminate that your success rate and quality go up substantially.

Student
    That makes sense. I'm surprised that all of them don't do it that way, when the end results improvement, seems to me a no brainer.

I know that the MD3 is a sponsor but how does it stack up?

I decided that I had no time or interest to build a printer from a kit and they all seem to be plastic flexible fliers. I looked for an inexpensive printer that was built, all metal and had glowing reviews. The Qidi X-One sold by Amazon was my choice. The day after the order was placed, the Chinese company sent me a thank-you e-mail. It arrived inside of three boxes with filament, tools and spare parts. I cut the restraining wire ties, put the handles on and was printing inside of an hour. The first print out of the box was great and every one since then has been as good.
    I did have one failure on a Friday. The X-axis stopped working. I sent them an e-mail and on Wednesday I had a new stepper motor, cable, miscellaneous spare parts in case I dropped a screw, tools to install the motor, a couple of spare nozzles, another platform cover and a few feed tubes. They had a video to show me how to replace the motor.
    This printer weighs in at 43 Lbs. Everything is metal . . . the frame, the bits holding the moving parts, etc. Color touch screen to control the printer and a custom version of Cura software.
    Amazon delivered it in 2 days and they charged me $399.99 (the price has now risen to $438 I believe). Compared to the pricing for other printers, this one should cost somewhere between $800 and $1200 U.S.

Student
    I've been saying that someday the Chinese will pick up the quality, just like the Japanese did in the 60-70s and then American manufactures will be struggling. Your experience and review along with the reviews on Amazon, sure looks like a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd-67 View Post
    Curious as to why you would go with a proprietary filament and slicer machine? From my experience with the Cube Duo I wouldn't go that way. I do like that it is enclosed. I would not go for a machine that wasn't enclosed.
    Because I have seen the prints that they make. Tiertime nailed it with these two. 100% professional prints. And the price should make Stratasys sweat at night...

I know this one isn't on your list but I got a Shining3D Einstart-S and it works very well. You can read my review here: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...Printer-Review

Right now it is at 389$ and you can find the place to purchase in my review at the bottom.

I would want to know what you ended up buying!

I do have a problem right now with adding videos and pictures and waiting for response from 3dprintboard's support.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Because I have seen the prints that they make. Tiertime nailed it with these two. 100% professional prints. And the price should make Stratasys sweat at night...
    Interesting. Were these canned demo parts or more real world parts? I would love to get a machine that could rival a stratasys quality. I just spent quite a bit of time with them 2 weeks ago and couldn't get a machine for my needs for less than 20k. I got spoiled with companies that i have worked at in the past that didn't blink at buying thier top of the line machines.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12