Close

Second print not at Z=0 Geeetech Prusa i3 M201

Hi All.

The base of my first print didnt stick on one corner, so I cancelled it. I then reset the Z calibration carefully using 4 different points on the bed, However, now when i start the print job it only gets to within 2-3mm of the bed. If I then re-check the Z start position it returns to the correct position. Can anyone help?

What version of the Marlin is loaded on the machine? There are full diagnostics that can be turned on if you are running RC-7's RCBugFix.
    Also, in RCBugFix you get to edit all of those numbers from the LCD Panel.

The Geeetechs come with their own firmware, and i'm on the latest version of that. I think i might have been having trouble with binding on the Z axix. I have pulled the threaded rod out and made it a little straighter. I ran a die down it, but it was clean. Put a tap through the nut and it was a little tight so its been cleaned out now. Then ran the nut all the way down the rod and it was very smooth.

If it comes from Geeetech, it is of questionable quality. I have a Delta printer from them. They clearly do not understand quality issues.

did this ever get solved? I have same problem and when i start to print, it raises Z axis by 0.3 (reading on lcd)
    Any ideas or clues?

No, i didnt fix it, I just tweak the bed height so the print starts at the right place. However, it settled to be much closer than the 2-3mm i originally had, so there was probably some user error. Check your slicer settings -> print settings -> general -> z offset. IIRC the z offset moved the print head down, so if this is already 0 try making it 0.3.