Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

More or less on the BL Touch, you need to:

1) Remove the Z limit switch
    2) Verify that the BL Touch fires up (light blinks) and works (light switches on when probe is pushed).
    3) Design a mount that puts the switch point (not the tip) of the BL below the hot end tip *and* that puts the tip when stowed above the height of the hot end tip.
    4) Measure the offsets of the probe tip (X,Y,Z) to the hot end tip. Enter them in the firmware.
    5) Turn on bed leveling in Marlin. How you do that varies a lot depending on which release you have.
    6) Verify the X,Y,Z offsets and correct the sign errors you may have made
    7) Run a bed level and see if the Z crashes (or not), modify the Z offset in firmware to get it close.
    8) Step and repeat 7 until you have it close (0.2 mm is very close, 2 mm is not close at all)

Since there are several versions of bed leveling and many releases of Marlin running around, any deep dive into my setup may actually be totally wrong for your setup. On a MakerFarm, reading through Colin's firmware is the best example you have.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by L0G4N View Post
    I've been struggling to get my BLtouch to work on my 10" Pegasus. Anyone have a config I can use?
    What problems are you seeing? We have a number of BL-Touch fixes in RC-8's RCBugFix branch now. So you might want to consider loading that into your printer. But one big problem is if you don't have a real BL-Touch, the clones don't exactly emulate the real thing.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    What problems are you seeing? We have a number of BL-Touch fixes in RC-8's RCBugFix branch now. So you might want to consider loading that into your printer. But one big problem is if you don't have a real BL-Touch, the clones don't exactly emulate the real thing.
    May I ask, why you believe Makerfarm are selling clones?

Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    May I ask, why you believe Makerfarm are selling clones?
    I do not know where you purchased your BL-Touch. If you got it from Makerfarm, that reduces my concern about it being a counterfeit probe. But Antclabs (the maker of the real BL-Touch probe) is only selling the probe on eBay. They have not set up much of a distribution network. It is very possible MakerFarm thinks they are distributing a legitimate BL-Touch probe but they are not. This is a real BL-Touch probe: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLTouch-Auto...4AAOSw9IpXxne9

What I can tell you with certainty is that most of the questions and problems we are seeing with 'BL-Touch' probes are clones and not real BL-Touch probes. Can you post a picture of the probe. And it might not hurt for you to send an email to Antclabs and ask if MakerFarm is an 'Authorized Distributor' of their probe. That would put the question to bed one way or the other.
    Last edited by Roxy; 02-23-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    I do not know where you purchased your BL-Touch. If you got it from Makerfarm, that reduces my concern about it being a counterfeit probe. But Antclabs (the maker of the real BL-Touch probe) is only selling the probe on eBay. They have not set up much of a distribution network. It is very possible MakerFarm thinks they are distributing a legitimate BL-Touch probe but they are not. This is a real BL-Touch probe: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLTouch-Auto...4AAOSw9IpXxne9

What I can tell you with certainty is that most of the questions and problems we are seeing with 'BL-Touch' probes are clones and not real BL-Touch probes. Can you post a picture of the probe. And it might not hurt for you to send an email to Antclabs and ask if MakerFarm is an 'Authorized Distributor' of their probe. That would put the question to bed one way or the other.
    If you visit their website:

http://www.antclabs.com/store

You can see Makerfarm is an authorized reseller.

Thank you for that information! That is very helpful to know about!

And... The latest RC-8 RCBugFix has a number of new items to help BL-Touch users.

Engineer-in-Training
    Anyone want to give me a hand?

I have the BL Touch installed and responding. A G28 command homes X and Y and then Z. However, after it probes the Z axis twice it raises the Z axis a few mm. Is this normal?

I am following the Z-Offset guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoWP5C8lSig

When I get to the point of off setting the Z using G92, I can only move the Z axis so much before it stops moving. This leaves the nozzle about 3-4 mm above the bed.

What am I missing?

Sounds like you dont have the setting in the firmware that allowes the z axis going into negative position. I havent done BLTouch yet but with a regular probe, you do G28, then G29. move z until it hits the bed, record the z position and Add that to your z offset.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by splinter182 View Post
    Sounds like you dont have the setting in the firmware that allowes the z axis going into negative position. I havent done BLTouch yet but with a regular probe, you do G28, then G29. move z until it hits the bed, record the z position and Add that to your z offset.
    Do you happen to know what setting that is? I figured that is what is going on but the only option I can find is Safe Z homing, but if I disable that when it runs G28 it does it in the corner of the bed so the probe never hits the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    Do you happen to know what setting that is? I figured that is what is going on but the only option I can find is Safe Z homing, but if I disable that when it runs G28 it does it in the corner of the bed so the probe never hits the bed.
    I haven't messed with firmware in a long time but i think it was something like min software endstop. Safe Z homing brings the print head to the middle of the bed for z homing.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast