Close

Lightbulb Board to control fan and heaters

Hello,

I am looking for the integration of a fan, a heater, a thermistor and potentially a heated bed on a board (everything else is on a separate controller). Do you have propositions of what board I could use? Ideally something which would be easy to interface with LabVIEW.

Thanks a lot

Florian

Technologist
    Sure sounds like something an Arduino Uno could do quite easily.

An arduino or other microcontroller is a good idea.. if you don't have programming experience or want a simpler solution you could use a temperature control module which would integrate with the thermistor and provide power to the heated bed .. and a potentiometer linked to the power unit to control the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by djoulsy View Post
    Ideally something which would be easy to interface with LabVIEW.
    Florian
    I can tell you with certainty that LabView isn't a good choice when you have real time constraints in your design. My guess is you have some experience with it so you are hoping to leverage that experience to handle this problem. This is a good place to learn C. It is much better suited to the problem than LabView.

And in fact... You could take the Marlin source code and just start deleting everything that did not pertain to the thermistors and heated bed (which would be 95% of the code) and it would be working for you....