Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Adhesion?

Best Adhesion?

I just got my first 3d printer. It is a xyzprinting Da Vinci 1.0A. I am having trouble with the first layer sticking to the heated bed. I have been using the glue stick that came with the printer. Should I be able to use blue painter tape for ABS? Thanks!

For ABS I found that slurry works best.

Engineer-in-Training
    A glass bed with a very thin layer of 3DLac sprayed on works fine for me (also for PLA and PETG).

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    painters tape doesn't tend to be good for ABS due to the higher temperature required for the print bed. ABS slurry, PVA, Hairspray work well. Make sure that you have your bed level and that you have the gap between the nozzle and the bed about 1 papers thick.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I found that the only way i could print abs was on a raft.
    Adhesion isn't the problem, getting it off the bed can be a much larger issue :-)

Best advice is to not use abs :-)

Super Moderator
    I am having a bad time with some larger ABS prints lifting/curling on the outer edge corners. I am using glass with hair spray. Temps are 110 and 230-240, ten row wide and two layer thick brim and fully enclosed cabinet. I have not tried ABS slurry yet.
    The print goes fine for 2-3 hours then it starts to lift.
    Here is a question: The print is shaped like a horse shoe. It is a pipe saddle, there are two pieces shaped like a "U" to go around the pipe. Would it be better to print ABS with the "U" facing up, open part up, so the most material is in contact with the bed? Or, flip it the other way so the open part of the "U" is facing down, minimal material contact with the bed. I am going to try this tonight but what are your thoughts on this for ABS.

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    I am using Dimafix and it's very good. I became addicted to it.
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

Super Moderator
    Not available here.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    generally the more print in conatct with the bed, the more successful the print.

Engineer
    I use a PEI Surface and print almost exclusively PETg

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast