Close

How Do You Guys Think About The Latest 3d Printing Pen

I am newbie named David and i am so glad to join the forum which is the biggest and most famous 3D printing platform where there are tons of those technical expert in 3D printing gathering whom I have a question to inquiry,that‘s why i joined the forum.
    came across the DEWANG's New Arrival 3D Printing Pen on amazon at
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0HECP1 , the amazon seller claimed that it is the fourth generation of 3D printing pen which is pretty new and difference with other products, I would love to buy one for artist DIY intellectual development of my son with 7 years old,wondering how you guys think about,highly appreciated to your professional recommendations and apologize for my poor grammar.
    Last edited by 3daddict; 10-10-2016 at 04:19 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well to start with the listing has a lot of lies in it.
    It's a bog standard melted plastic extruder that says it uses abs and pla so you absolutely CANNOT draw directly onto your hands. If using abs the plastic is going to be around 220c at the point it comes out of the pen. So drawing on your hand would NOT be advisable.

If you want a child safe pen the you need to get one of the uv light cured resin pens. They use a liquid that sets hard when exposed to uv light and it is safe to draw on your hands with.

That said, I suspect this is just an advertising post anyway. But it can't hurt to point out that hot molten plastic and child's hands should never be brought into close contact.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Such a cynic.

lol, you think ?

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    I agree with CA on this being a plug. 3daddict may be masquerading as a user to drum up traffic for his Amazon store. 3daddict, if that is the case, please don't do that.

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ing-technology

But definitely a good idea to avoid any manufacturer who advocates extruding molten plastic directly onto your hands.