Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    We test our 3D Printers and heads by printing production parts for the printers and heads that we sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I've always been curious as to what most of our members and viewers of 3dprintboard use 3D printing for. Are the majority of you guys at-home users, doing it as a hobby or do you do it for industry related purposes? Please share!
    Back when I had my own business I used for prototyping clients' parts. My FFCX did a lot of work. Nowadays I use it to create props of things that interest me (busy making a full-size replica of an 88mm artillery round i.e projectile and cartridge atm) and tinkering with gadgets. I find Xrobots on Youtube to be particularly interesting.

Engineer-in-Training
    At home I design products and parts around the house and some work parts is I get behind at work. At work I use it for prototypes and fixtures. We do also print some low volume production from time to time.

hi, i use my prusa i3 ALUNAR 3D printer mostly for diy fun, printing something such as pencil box, flowers, toys.
    So far the printer works very good, it show great performance.
    the attached some photos i printed the 3D rose by ALUNAR 3D printer M508.
    It is so amazing. love it!

If you guys have any questions for the 3D printer, you are welcome to come to me , i will be glad to help.
    my skype:eros1025

Engineer-in-Training
    I kinda do both....

I would consider myself a hobbyist. But 3D printing is a costly hobby, so I also sell prints (both custom and pre-fab stuff) in order to pay machine maint and material to print my own stuff.

ALOT of my orders come from a local model railway club.

Technician
    Started as a hobby about two and a half years ago with a Printrbot Simple Metal. Printed whatever caught my fancy mostly found on Thingiverse back then. I began to get more and more requests for small commercial type work so I quickly moved up to a Makergear M2 and turned it into a part time business. Also adding a Prusa i3 MK2 here in a few weeks.

From there I started getting requests asking for 3D scans as well so I put together a David based SLS scanner closely modeled after their SLS-2. Basically the same system.

I'm no 3D modeler that's for sure but I could see that I had a gap between the scanner and printer so I decided to make the investment and purchase SpaceClaim for reverse engineering applications.

That in it self is quite a learning curve but I'm making progress and hope to add 3D modeling and reverse engineering to my bag of tricks at least at a simple level for now.
    Last edited by dklassen; 10-14-2016 at 10:08 PM.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    I use it mainly for prototypes but end use items as well:
    - SLS for cast Metal for jewelry
    - robot parts
    - mechanical principle testing
    - characters like articulatable action figures
    Abel PLA frontS.jpg
    - prototypes for injection molded parts
    - I have worked on 3d printed textiles with an Objet Connex machine
    - electronic enclosures
    - showcase scale models of vehicles I have designed
    - toys, home objects, lampshades etc.

Student
    I mostly do stuff for upgrades to my printer,or parts for rc aircraft.I also made the parts for a tri-copter,and currently printing parts for a new corexy machine.
    I also made a german shepherd for a friend ,to put in the back seat of his 1/4 scale Piper Cub plane,and 3 cat dishes for my neighbour.

Your help is needed and appreciated - Thank You

Please Help me get a good grade by answering this survey. This 1 minute survey will help me research 3D printing as well as give me marketing ideas for my class project. I appreciate your time so I thank you in advance. Please follow or copy and paste the link. Your help is appreciated -https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/C8BJ692

I just got mine and plan to use it for miniatures or costume props for home use. Also as a learning project for my kids.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast