Close

Engineer

Amazing 3D Printed Mobile Home Created by 3M futureLAB

We have been hearing a lot lately about 3D printing homes. In fact a Chinese company claims they will begin printing out hundreds of concrete homes within the nxt year or two, and researchers in Amsterdam are working on a 3D printed plastic canal house. That's not all though.

Peter Ebner, and students at the 3M futureLAB have created a tiny mobile home, which they say could be used by the 25-35 age group. The homes, are almost entirely 3D printed, down to the electricity, heating, water, and sewage systems, as well as the thermal insulation.

The Body of the home is printed out of a sand and glue mixture. The size of these homes are a claustrophobic 50 square feet, but the designers claim that these are more than big enough to support one individual. They feature a kitchen, a Bed, a bathroom, and even a rear project entertainment system which takes up almost the entire wall. The exact plans of the creators of this home, is not known yet, but they have done mock ups of how they could be used Would you live in one of these?

I would live in one just for the sheer thrill of living in a tiny structure. I'm not claustrophobic so I think I can manage