Close

Newbie quick advise on first printer

Hi everyone. I make blades. And I've discovered 3D printers are probably useful for making funky handles.
    im looking for something basic and cheap. It's all a hobby so nothing to over budget.

i seem this FLSUN kossel Delta 3D printer with hotbed for $300au.
    worth it? I don't mind tinkering. But has anyone got one and can say good or bad.

thankyou

Here you can get a good overview about how people rated certain 3d printers:

https://www.3dhubs.com/3d-printers

I don't rate 3DHubs as a good place to find decision making information. Its really just a popularity contest and not an unbiased review.

To the OP: look up Maker's Muse on Youtube. He's an Aussie that does a lot of 3D printing and knows his stuff. He could likely lead you to the best printer within your budget available in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    I don't rate 3DHubs as a good place to find decision making information. Its really just a popularity contest and not an unbiased review.
    Decision making should be a longer process. You are right that unbiased/independed reviews are important, however for a first overview, a big collection of opinions is better than 1, 2, 3 in a thread. Following that, you pick some printers that will suit your needs, seem to be good within a big community and check reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    To the OP: look up Maker's Muse on Youtube. He's an Aussie that does a lot of 3D printing and knows his stuff. He could likely lead you to the best printer within your budget available in your area.
    I can recommend him/his YT channel too.