Close

tools3d.azurewebsites.net

Just went to fix a file from Thingiverse. Looks like MS decided to screw this one time very good site up royally. You now upload your .stl, it gets fixed and then you're presented with a .3mf file to download. I tried simply changing the extension to .stl, but no go. Oh well...

Have you tried this?

I would suggest that you edit your 3D files using meshlab or blender, if you know how to manually edit 3D designs. If not,I would recommend you try https://makeprintable.com/ it's cloud-based repair tool and you can download the fixed file in STL or Obj format

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Have you tried this?
    Yep, it's so funny. Simplify3D imports the converted-to-stl with no problem. You can look the model over with no problem. You prepare to print and Simplify3D shuts down every time...

Quote Originally Posted by scott3dprinting View Post
    I would suggest that you edit your 3D files using meshlab or blender, if you know how to manually edit 3D designs. If not,I would recommend you try https://makeprintable.com/ it's cloud-based repair tool and you can download the fixed file in STL or Obj format
    Hah, I've been using Blender for a couple of years now for designing my own stuff. I just used the site in question to quick fix models from Thingiverse that had issues (and posted the change-for-the-worse on that site here). Thanks for the input though.

Makeprintable is somewhat of a joke. If it'd simply fix the darn file, it'd be fine, but... first it analyses, then it checks repair issues, then it triangulates, then it "adds some magic" and usually just stays there more or less forever doing whatever until I finally give up and shut down the page.....
    Last edited by ssayer; 09-29-2016 at 09:37 AM.

Ok, so here's the work around... Fix in Netfabb online, and then convert it from 3mf to stl with Netfabb basic. One extra step, but hey... it works...

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    which version of s3d are you using ?

The latest, always... (3.1.0)

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    The latest, always... (3.1.0)
    Thank you for this