Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Simplify3D

A new update of Simplify3D Software, Version 3.0, is the largest release from the company since their software was introduced in 2013. This new release includes more than 40 major feature updates and support for a total of 25 new printers. Clayton Webster, the CEO of Simplify3D, says many of the new features were a direct response to requests from existing users. Webster says the update are aimed at making Simplify3D a “universal software platform for 3D printing.” He says this latest upgrade blurs the boundaries between the output of desktop and industrial 3D printers. You can read the whole story here: http://3dprint.com/74458/simplify3d-version-3-0/

Below is a look at Simplify3D software:

Student
    Follow NoahSH On Twitter Add NoahSH on Shapeways Add NoahSH on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    I just wish that Simplify3D had a time, or use, limited trial version. It may very well be a good program, but I'm not going to shell out that kind of money just to find out it doesn't do much more for me than Cura or even Makerware, especially since I've read a number of posts here and there with people posting that they have issues with it or that they really don't see much improvement over slicers that they get for free. It might just be the learning curve, but... it's a lot of green to have to toss in the dumpster if it doesn't do anything more for me...
    Guess its not for you then. I love it and my business would not be as successful if I didn't spend the $140 or whatever it was to get it. If Cura is like an apple II then Simplify3D is like a new Macbook Pro.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    If you could point us to some of those posts you've seen about problems with Simplify3D it would be helpful. Without seeing them, it's difficult to quantify that statement as a valid reason to not buy S3D.

It changed my life when I bought it. I used Cura 'a lot' as well as Kisslic3r, Skeinforge (powerful but mind boggling), Repetier, Pronterface and several others. S3D is worth every penny. I'd bet some of the problems were user error and not S3D issues.

Finally, the S3D team is really nice. If you buy it and don't like it, they'll refund your money. Just write them and ask. I did and that's the response I got. So, over a year ago I purchased it and after days two the thought of asking for a refund was a distant memory. And if you ever have a problem you'll get help generally within a few hours. Try that with Cura.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    this release fixes all the issues I had and adds a lot of very useful features into the bargain.

Proper infill with different patterns. The layout, rescale, rotate etc is vastly improved with real time translations and quick shortcut keys.

I'll be playing with the new dual extrusion settings as well.

Seriously this is worth the money, it's the only slicer and layout software you'll ever need :-)
    And now we can make proper strong parts !!!
    I am so pleased by that :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-24-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahSH View Post
    Guess its not for you then. I love it and my business would not be as successful if I didn't spend the $140 or whatever it was to get it. If Cura is like an apple II then Simplify3D is like a new Macbook Pro.
    Wow, you pulled that quote from last December. I've owned it for quite some time now (and have posted as much in this thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    If you could point us to some of those posts you've seen about problems with Simplify3D it would be helpful. Without seeing them, it's difficult to quantify that statement as a valid reason to not buy S3D.

It changed my life when I bought it. I used Cura 'a lot' as well as Kisslic3r, Skeinforge (powerful but mind boggling), Repetier, Pronterface and several others. S3D is worth every penny. I'd bet some of the problems were user error and not S3D issues.

Finally, the S3D team is really nice. If you buy it and don't like it, they'll refund your money. Just write them and ask. I did and that's the response I got. So, over a year ago I purchased it and after days two the thought of asking for a refund was a distant memory. And if you ever have a problem you'll get help generally within a few hours. Try that with Cura.
    He pulled that quote from 6 months ago. I've long since bought S3D and use it almost exclusively...

Can anyone confirm that Simplify3D will work with the Diamond head?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    why wouldn't it ?
    what does the diamond head do that's different ?
    And why not simply email simplify3d and ask them ?

Student
    Is this software any better or worse for someone with no 3d printing experience?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by fredk View Post
    Is this software any better or worse for someone with no 3d printing experience?
    It's got a bit of a learning curve for sure but in the end it is the best slicer that I have ever used.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast