Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer-in-Training
    Oh... I wouldn't do the red-hot-needle-up-the-nozzle thing.
    Specially with PLA it decomposes at high temperatures and leaves a sort of crystalline mess that is sure to clog the nozzle. Better to fire up the hot end to printing temperature and have a go at it.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Oh... I wouldn't do the red-hot-needle-up-the-nozzle thing.
    Specially with PLA it decomposes at high temperatures and leaves a sort of crystalline mess that is sure to clog the nozzle. Better to fire up the hot end to printing temperature and have a go at it.
    Sorry, havent found that at all, some of the PLA I've bought needs 200c + to melt, like the clear and transparent frosted ones - they don't suffer that fate. Why fire the hot end up and "have a go at it" when it's clicking and not printing? ()

I have a machine that can print ABS, therefore I prefer to print in ABS, much better finish I find. Printing PLA at 0.1 can be a bit goopy on my machine, nomatter the heat setting,
    Last edited by Geoff; 04-09-2014 at 11:51 PM.

When I have ran into this, it's always been a clogged nozzle. I pull the fan, heatsink, and motor. Heat the nozzle up as if you were loading filament, when up to temp I push the filament with a small hex wrench that will fit easily into the feed tube. It has always worked for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12