Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    sigh. You are obviously a nerd and object to anyone who does things differently to you. Which by the sound of it is most people.
    Nope just you. I have no tolerance for ignorance.

Three point levelling mught look good in theory, but it's a frigging nightmare in practice on a 3d printer.
    How do you just adjust the right hand edge while maintaining the level ?
    On a 4 point system you simply adjust both right knobs the same amount.
    On a 3 point, if you adjust the back knob abd right knob the same amount, you actually end up tipping the plate backwards. If you jjust adjust one knob it tips in that direction. To get any kind of consistent levelling is bloody difficult.
    You are so stupid you aer confusing leveling with traming. You are not trying to level anything. You are trying to adrust the buils pate to be parallel to the gantry.

Lets put it this way so you might understand: Mathemetics claims a tripod is ideal. Nature and evolution prefers quadrepeds.
    I'm with nature.
    Let me put it to you in a way you can understand. Engineering and science is the basis for everything mechanical that humans use. Education is what you're lacking and by spewing the trash that you do is mis-guiding others.

My prints are bang on, every time. What I say works - so I recommend it.
    You seem to base your opinions on theory rather than actual practice.
    Wow you are an way off base. I do this stuff for a living. I have worked with rapid prototyping for over 20 years. I also many patents for my designs. My prints rarely fail and I actually use them for actual products not just prototyping.

Instead of simply senselessly attacking me, try reading the actual thread for a change and don't be such a nerd :-)
    I have helped bill both on and off the forum. Try posting non-hack information you wont get criticized. I would much rather be viewed as a nerd than an uneducated fool with a lot of meaningless mis-guided posts.

Engineer-in-Training
    heart.JPG

I don't post much of what I print because it is proprietary and property of the companies I am doing the work for but I think my printer is working just fine. My fiance teaches cardiac ultra sound and I do a lot of printing prop work for her college. This is just one example.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Comparing 3 point leveling to an animal is a bad analogy. Yes four point build plate "support" is better, just like an animal does better on 4 legs, however 3 point leveling is much easier. 3 points makes a plane. That's why a 3 leg table will never rock, but a 4 legged table will always need adjusting every time it moves.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Comparing 3 point leveling to an animal is a bad analogy. Yes four point build plate "support" is better, just like an animal does better on 4 legs, however 3 point leveling is much easier. 3 points makes a plane. That's why a 3 leg table will never rock, but a 4 legged table will always need adjusting every time it moves.
    The table analogy is spot on. 4 or more act as stabilizer for lateral load conditions as they allow that table to be more stable as the loads shift. Animals bodies are compliant and don't form a plane.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123