Close

High accuracy, large build area, for 500 bucks range. Exist?

"It is time..."

Time to finaly get myself a printer.

Speed, irrelevant. Noise, irrelevant.

What i need is a large build area, or "as large as possible" and high accuracy.

Plannin to spend "around 500 bucks"

EDIT: May as well ask here and avoid spamming. Filaments. Something that bends/flexes and wont snap, does such exist?
    Im plannin on using this to print variaty of Airsoft parts. As in gun acessories, grips, mounting hardware, rail-units. Things that need to take some beating.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    filament wise: pet-g, polyflex, ninjaflex, flexismart etc.
    Just search for: flexible filaments on amazon :-)

Well for $500 bucks probably the best thing you can buy is this: http://wanhaousa.com/products/duplic...us-steel-frame

if you want a kit, you can probably get a larger build volume: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tevo-Bla...kAAOSwdzVXvVMF

For $500 those are probably your best bets :-)

The black widow seems fairly interesting. Correct me if im wrong but its 50 microns?
    From the videos i think i can assemble that... Well, give me a big-block V8 and all the parts, i can do that so i should be able to do this too.

Now to get one cheap somewhere...

No idea if it'll print at 0.05mm or not. To be honest, that's Not what you look for in a printer.
    you'll most likely NEVER print anything lower than 0.1mm and even then you'll most likely use 0.2 and 0.3.

Unless you want to wait 3 weeks for a small print.

For parts for airsoft guns, 0.2 will most likely be your default resolution.

For what it's worth the spec does state 0.05mm

You might use it once :-)
    And then decide that life is too short.
    Prit the same part at 0.05, 0.1 and 0.2 - odds are there'll be so little difference you'll stick to 0.2 for most things that need precision and 0.3 for everything else.

It also claims 100mm/s print speed.
    What you'll most likely be printing at is somewhere between 20-60 mm/s depending on material and model.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-05-2016 at 11:02 AM.

If slow means better quality, then i can wait, days if i must. I have so far only few "print ready" models. I can also place it in a safe place where it can work day and night.

Ive seen quite a few prints and they all have that same problem, some "layers" are clearly visible while most are perfectly in check.

I've been printing with SLS via a partner but the cost is starting to pile up. There seems to be some air in the price, too much, so i'm hoping to do most goofy parts and simple testing myself. My final "goal" is to print myself an entire airsoft-gun, a legend from the 80s, the H&K G11K2. My estimate is that it would cost about 600-900 dollars while theres actually not much that could prevent me to do so on a "homebrewn" machine.
    I've waited ten years to have that gun. I will gladly wait a few days to see it built perfectly.

How much does those "flexible" mats cost? Thus far ive only seen hard plastics and SLS printed material.

mats = materials ?
    or mats to print on ?

And did you manage to type: 'flexible 3d printer filaments' into amazon.
    That will show you costs :-)

When we say flexible - we mean flexible - ie: floppy spaghetti filament. Not a stiff but bendy plastic, for that you'll need polycarbonate and an all metal hotend that can run at 300c.

Pet-g is pretty good, but personally I've - so far - not noticed any significant improvemnt over pla for flexibleness. And it is a little more brittle. Hitting the same part wit a hammer - pet-g breaks, reprapper tech pla doesn't.

Buy a printer then go see these folk and get yourself soe samples of different materials:
    http://www.globalfsdusa.com/?target=main

It's the simplest and quickest way to learn :-)

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I am building the title to this thread right now. but it's not for sale. but it is really cool, tho. and has some pretty cool bells and whistles on it.

The way I see it this is the only way you are gonna get to the title of this thread