Close

Different Filament For Makerbot 5th get Extruder +

Hello,<br><br>I need help with fine tuning different filament types for my Makertbot.&nbsp;<br><br>I have the following PLA Filaments:&nbsp;<br><br>Makerbot<br>Hatchbox<br>In land<br>Plush Plastic<br>3D Solutech<br><br>I use the High Print Setting when Im using Makerbot filament and it comes out perfect 99% of the time. The issue is the cost of this filament...The other filaments are a fraction of the cost of the Makerbot filament. However, regardless of what settings and fine tweaking I use for the filaments that I listed there is ALWAYS an issue. They just don't look good at all. Does anyone have any luck with the filaments that I listed, and if so can you please share your specs to get them to turn out just as good as the Makerbot filament? I would appreciate any and all help with this. Thank you in advance.&nbsp;<br><br><br><br>

Student
    Try MakerGear filament. It is $39.99 per spool, and I've had good luck with it, with my MakerBot 5th Gen with the new Smart Extruder +. I suspect the filament comes from the same manufacturer as MakerBot uses, as the MSDS sheets are identical for both brands. Also, if your spools of Inland are old, you may want to try their latest generation of filament. It has been vastly improved over the original version.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    It sucks that you don't have a heated build plate.
    That would open up the whole market to you.

Being limited just to the stuff that will only print on cold beds must really suck.

They cost a little more but the polymaker: polyplus and polymax pla's are about as good as it gets. Print fine on cold beds and are specially forumalted to never clog.
    Also polyflex for a flexible filament, about the easiest flexible filament to print there is out there.
    Worth a look :-)