Close

Plasterboard... It's the future!

Someone probably tried already but tried printing a simple box to a piece of plasterboard to avoid curling corners without the use of heated bed and raft/brim.
    Recently bought a Anet A6 (rather impressed) with the aim to rebuild and increase build volume. Just seeing if large PLA prints can be done with hot bed so I don't have to build a large PCB hot bed.

Best results so far. No curling what so ever (to naked eye). The print sticks firm to the paper covering the plaster and the paper does not lift at all unlike masking/blue tape when hot (either by heated bed or heat of extruded PLA).

Downside is paper need washing off under warm tap for a few seconds. Small price to pay for nice flat print.

Anyone have any suggestions of similar bed materials that are rigid enough to resist curling of large prints (500x500?) but maybe flexible enough to bend bed material to peel from the finished print?

Also another positive that comes to mind... you can always find some around the house!

Just don't let the wife find out.

As an A6 owner myself, personally I think you're better off if you want to build a bigger printer, ordering quality steppers, guide rods, lead screws etc and just building one from scratch, because honestly, i'd hardly call my A6 one of the highest quality printers in the world, especially at the price point, considering outside of the LCD, it's essentially worse than the A8, which is ~$50 cheaper. I wasn't very happy when I learned the build area isn't any larger than the A8's despite the claim it was.