Close

Couple of questions about ABS slurry

Hello gents,

I have a makerbot replicator 2x and have the common wrapping corners issue. Helper disks helped but often ended messing up the bottom of my prints as they stuck too much to it. Hence I have decided to go for an ABS slurry over the buildplate. I had a couple of questions about it before messing everything up without having a clue. I have often seen the slurry being applied over a glass plate, would it also fit on the basic aluminium platform, would it also perform good on the kapton or would the remaining acetone mess the tape up before evaporating? The second thing I wanted to know is once the slurry is applied and the print is finished, do I have to peel it a way, will it last for a couple of prints or do I have to set a new layer for each print?

Thank you very much for the answer

ABS juice can go over anything, and of course acetone can be used to clean it up is to clean it up.

I use a Ragu jar and leave a cheap bristle brush that has a shortened handle.

Use a couple of heavy coats at start.

have a second jar/brush that is pure Acetone, so that you can close up the area of the last part that you printed without adding more plastic to the bed.

I use Hairspray and a nice Brim, So far it always worked for me.

I have also used some ABS juice in the past, didnt work that well for me, also the Z wont be as accurate anymore as the ABS juice will be on your part, aka 0.2-0.5mm more then what you desired to get printed.

We have been using ABS slurry on Kapton tape for almost two years. Apply it to clean tape and it is usually good for a couple of prints. Just out new slurry right over the old coat, no need to remove it first. Works like a charm!