Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Staff Engineer
    The Markforged parts are stronger than normal FDM parts in the X/Y directions, but that's where that sort of print is strongest anyway. I don't think they're any stronger in the Z direction, across the laminations, which is where all prints of this type are weakest. So if that's the process you decide to use, design accordingly. To make parts as strong as normal carbon fiber parts, print (or machine) the molds instead of the parts and lay up the carbon fiber against them, using the same epoxy resins and techniques used to build boats. If you want to make more than one car, this will be a lot cheaper as well.

Andrew Werby
    Juxtamorph.com

Staff Engineer
    That won't make parts as strong as the Markforged printer does, which has carbon string embedded in each lay. And as I pointed out, printed parts tend to fail by delaminating rather than by breaking across the grain. So I doubt this stuff would help much, if at all.

Jevny technology could provide aluminum prototype/plastic prototype/carbon fibre prototype with cnc machining and 3D printing services.

Please visit our website www.jevny.com for more information and also send mail to freequote@jevny.com if have any rfq for prototyping services.
    3D printing medical SLA prototype of low volume manufacturing.jpgsla prototype.jpg

This list is not exhaustive, but gives you a good idea of what's currently available on the metal front - metal materials for 3d printing. I don't know so much about the carbon side of things, interesting to read about the Markforged system

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12