Close

Engineer-in-Training

Problems with my PowerSpec Ultra 3D printer?

I think that I have problems with my PowerSpec Ultra 3D printer. The white stuff on the extruders in the photo is ESUN PETG. How do I get the PETG off the extruders? Is the X-Axis belt supposed to have a tensioning spring? The Y-Axis belts have them. How do I need to lubricate the steel rods?

Engineer-in-Training
    I set the extruder temperature to 240 degrees but the display shows the temperature of about 235 degrees. I have all-metal hotend. I hope that the print will not fail. There is an online store that sells parts for Flashforge 3D printer at https://www.bilby3d.com.au/DispCat.a...1&SubCatID=133 Is this store good or bad?

Engineer-in-Training
    I think that there is a problem with the 3D model file that I downloaded from Thingiverse website. What's the best program for fixing problem with the 3D model file?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    too remove the clog - heat the nozzle and peel it off, small knife or needle files work quite well.

far as the belts go - the belt that moves the extruder head sideways doesn't have a visible tensioner on mine. both the backwards and forwards ones at the side of the machine do.

No clue on your shop, I don't live in australia :-)

netfabb is the usual way to check and repair model files. Though there was a website mentioned recently: https://makeprintable.com/
    could be worth a try.

Esun petg seems to print best at 235 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorris View Post
    The white stuff on the extruders in the photo is ESUN PETG. How do I get the PETG off the extruders?
    When the nozzles are at print temperature simply wipe the gunk off with a rag. Be careful using hard objects to scrape the gunk off; if you're ham-fisted you might just ruin the nozzle orifice

Is the X-Axis belt supposed to have a tensioning spring?
    No. The X-belt is tightened manually on the carriage.

How do I need to lubricate the steel rods?
    You don't. I used to add a touch of silicon oil but it really just becomes a dust trap. Makes no difference to the running of your printer. And rods and linear bearings are cheap and readily available.

I set the extruder temperature to 240 degrees but the display shows the temperature of about 235 degrees.
    Your fan's cooling power is greater than your heaters heating power and its reaches its ceiling at 235 degrees. Either get a slower fan, deflect some of the air flow and get a heater with a greater wattage. BE AWARE: Do the last option wrong and you will burn your house down. These desktop printers have ZERO safety features.

Engineer-in-Training
    I have been using Simplify3D software. I tried PowerPrint software that came with my printer and it worked (I hope because it's about 65% done).

Technician
    I've noticed that if you have a cooling fan blowing on it the all metal setup combined with stock PID values let any temp of 240 or beyond sag a bit. My solution was to insulate the heat block and nozzle with a bit of insulation with adhesive from Carl Raffle's shop (raffle.ch). And I bumped up the I value in the EEPROM.