Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Student

Build Plate Alternatives for Flashforge Dreamer New in DEC 2015

I have received help from members of this Forum re certain issues and am now interested in replacing what I have come to believe is a warped build plate and I have not had muck luck so far in finding an alternative replacement.

One member mentioned using and aluminum plate but I need something that will plug into the heater from a reputable source. I have read comments about glass and PEI overlays but since the plate is warped it seems to me the heat distribution/transfer could be troublesome.

What are your thoughts?

Technician
    Add Nargg on Thingiverse

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    I have received help from members of this Forum re certain issues and am now interested in replacing what I have come to believe is a warped build plate and I have not had muck luck so far in finding an alternative replacement.

One member mentioned using and aluminum plate but I need something that will plug into the heater from a reputable source. I have read comments about glass and PEI overlays but since the plate is warped it seems to me the heat distribution/transfer could be troublesome.

What are your thoughts?
    Add a Glass overlay. It is very, very flat.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    First off you don't need anything that will plug into the heatpad.

I've got a 3mm aluminium plate on top of the original warped plate and then printbite on top of that.
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ntbite-surface

I just have to add 10c to the temp I want the bed at in simplify3d - or whatever slicer you're using.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Add a Glass overlay. It is very, very flat.
    Sorry I did not get an email on this and did not know of this response until today when an email came in from another person - Where are the sources for glass and is there a specific type that is better than the others?

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    First off you don't need anything that will plug into the heatpad.

I've got a 3mm aluminium plate on top of the original warped plate and then printbite on top of that.
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ntbite-surface

I just have to add 10c to the temp I want the bed at in simplify3d - or whatever slicer you're using.
    Thnx for the info - I went to the site and figured out the 3 alternatives and the HT looks like the one is the one you mentioned. Order placed a few mins ago to arrive 3-5 days and then we shall see

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Sorry I did not get an email on this and did not know of this response until today when an email came in from another person - Where are the sources for glass and is there a specific type that is better than the others?
    Use Borosilicate glass. McMaster Carr has it among many other sources.

Student
    Thnx, will look into that also

Engineer-in-Training
    That is where i get mine. Works like a champ.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Well printbite is as tough (seems like it - when i had to take a hammer and chisel to remove the mymat nylon - it didn't scratch it) and as smooth a sglass. So anything that will stick to glass will stick to printbite. But a bunch of stuff that sticks to printbite probably won't stick to glass - and it won't release as easily :-)

I have used both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast