Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    marker pens work quite well and the colour seesm to be sucked into the print.

But then I'm about as artistic as a fine arts graduate who thinks a pile of bricks is art :-)

thanks for the info on painting etc... can anyone reco a good paint pen or paints to buy? can I use a sharpie would that work well? thanks!

marker pens work quite well. You tend to get a sort of pastel colour pallet though.

paint wise - standard model paints should work well as they are designed for plastic.

Thank you for the info once again!

Technician
    I've used Acrylic paint from the local hobby shop on both PLA and PETG and it worked well. And by worked well, I would say, it stuck to the print and appears to be fairly durable. I'm not an artist though, so the bad brush strokes are my fault not the paint: http://www.thingiverse.com/make:166431

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Also check out the work of Joris van Tubergen, he wrote Cura plugins that make the printer build up layers in a three-dimensional way such as in wave-patterns:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:75735
    The man does good things for 3D printing anyway - www.rooiejoris.nl

I'd like to see how he powered the ultimaker that got shipped while it was printing.
    Clever that.

Engineer-in-Training
    If you want extremely durable paint, you could try disolving different color plastics and using the mixture as paint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12