Close

Super Moderator

Update #25 - We Shipped to the First Tier of Beta Testers!

Hey Backers,

We’ve got some exciting news for you today… We’ve shipped out Peachy Printer kits to the first tier of Beta Testers! It’s been a long time coming, so it’s great to see printers start to go out the door and into the hands of those who made it all possible!
    We are expecting that they will receive their printers throughout this week. Once they receive and build their kits, we will be working tirelessly to implement any feedback that we receive as quickly as possible in order to get the next set of printers on their way.
    We couldn’t be more thankful for your patience and support, and we’re very excited to get Beta kits out to all of the Beta Testers!
    Thanks,
    The Peachy Printer Team.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...c/posts/795854
    So, any first tier testers hanging out here?

Not a Beta-backer, but I am so excited about this It's going to be extremely interesting to see how the Peachy performs.

Technologist
    Yay! Please please please please please post results here - with the Makibox betas we never really got to see any results from the beta-testing and as a result it appears that consumers ended up with beta-grade boxes.

Engineer-in-Training
    Slatye..... I'm with you. I really cant think of a compelling reason to exclude future users from helping to solve beta problems as they arise.

Staff Engineer
    I'm gonna second Slayte's enthusiasm. Once people start getting their beta kits we'll get an idea pretty quickly what the Peachy is really capable of.

Seven months until the expected final produgt ship date is still a pretty tight window, but with the amount of development so far, it actually looks possible. How rare is it for a Kickstarter/Indiegogo hardware project to keep this close to the schedule they promised in the sales pitch?

It is possible. They are still on track.

The peachy is functionnal. It just need some improvement on how you build it and some tweak on the software. Software can be updated after the shipment, but not the hardware. So they need to focus on the hardware and how it's being assembled to be the fastest and easiest as possible.

Except maybe un unboxing, I dont think you'll see any others videos. There's notthing to "show" yet. It's the first wave of Beta out of Alpha. Even for the unboxing, there's really not a lot too see since the printer is not assembled, you'll only see a lot of parts

Student
    Hi,

I am a Beta-backer, but unfortunately not 1st tier. Hope to be part of the second tier . I am waiting anxiously for the first impressions and comments from the 1st tier testers. How long should take assembling the prototype?

Good work!!