Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
    Hi

If you attempt to follow the process he shows, you can't execute the steps when you need to within the MakerFarm instruction and build approach. The hot end / teflon goes into the extruder *many* pages before anything at all is done with the electronics. It's actually quite difficult to do that way within the kit build..

Bob
    It worked just fine when I built my Pegasus. If you just build the hot end at once it is really easy.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    It worked just fine when I built my Pegasus. If you just build the hot end at once it is really easy.
    Hi

If you follow the steps in the instructions, the assembly and debug of the electronics is *way* further along than the hot end assembly. If you follow the step by step, it's a massive detour. If it works for you, fine. My guess is that it will be an enormous hassle for those not used to tossing out the instructions and just going off on their own to assemble a kit.

===

One interesting thing this all turned up:

Is the max temperature for the thermistor 260, 280, or 300 C? It seems you can find references all over the map in this regard. The "stock" firmware comes with a limit of 260, but that's just a setting ...

Bob
    Last edited by uncle_bob; 09-25-2016 at 07:16 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

Another "build note".

If you happen to be running a Mac *and* you have upgraded to Macos Sierra (the latest OS) ..... the Arduino app that is used to compile the firmware no longer works. Effectively, you can not put the various settings into firmware on a Mac running the latest OS. That will pretty much stop you dead on any sort of tuning of the firmware.

=====

Bizarre though it may be, the solution is pretty simple. Delete the existing arduino.app and re-download exactly the same app. Poof !!! it now works again.

Bob
    Last edited by uncle_bob; 09-25-2016 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks Bob for all the wiring pics.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhlewis10 View Post
    Thanks Bob for all the wiring pics.
    Hi

No problem !!

Please don't take the wiring stuff as "the only way" to do it. There are a *lot* of options when you get to wiring and cabling this beast. My cable routing is way off compared to what you would do with the Deluxe Upgrade Kit. I'm still on the fence about getting one ....

Bob

Anything is better than the mess I have. Now that the printer is not working its a good time to clean it up.

Engineer-in-Training
    That's ok, just don't take it as some sort of perfect way to go. The nylon jacket stuff is the biggest improvement over "standard" and I stole that from another thread here. I have also pulled the second extruder off since I did the pictures and put connectors on the wiring harness at the extruder end. The one extruder / two extruder thing is a personal choice. The connectors turned out to be a major pain mainly because I spent a lot more time finding a crimp tool than I thought I would. I also put a BL touch on a customized extruder that I designed up. The jury is still out on how good an idea that all was ...

Cable routing has come a long way much less of a rats nest. Bob, do you have your custom printed parts linked up somewhere?

Engineer-in-Training
    I don't have the parts I did up anywhere at this point. You are the first to ask. They are buried somewhere on the computer ... I'll see if I can dig them up.

Your printer looks nice. Be sure to check that a tall part can be printed. Running the filament straight over to the extruder can be an issue. Tall parts running into spools can also be a problem.

Bob

Thanks I will check that. Been spending time re-leveling everything as my bench has a slick surface and if I bump the printer my shims will move. I need to design a foot with a leveling screw like on my my washing machine.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast