Close

Printer for a social project

Hello! I am a newbie in the 3d world. I have set up a BCN3D+ and I printed some small things.
    Now I wanted to buy a printer and I have seen this: http://3dealo.com/3d-printer-flexmak...-bulldozer-hd/
    Could someone give me your opinion?
    I want to use it is educational, for people who know nothing about 3D printers can learn their potential.
    Thanks!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    for the size of build volume - that's a very good price.

never heard of the machines or company - but looks solidly built.
    where do you live ?

That printer looks loike it's made in spain. so if you don't live in the eu - it will cost a LOT of money to import one.
    Always best to try and find something in your own country.

On the other hand if you live in spain - go for it :-)

Shame the bcn3d wasn't yours :-)

Yes, I live in Spain and I met the 2 guys from 3dealo. They said they don't want to say bad things about BCN3D+, but they said their printers are better. I'm a newbie and I don't know how and what to compare. How could I know if their bulldozer HD is better than BCN3D+? And what about i3 prusa mk2?
    Thank You!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    The i3 prusas are usually fairly basic machines, not exactly over engineered. cheap, cheerful and fairly reliable, but expect to do a lot of work yourself on upgrades, improvements etc.
    The bulldozer does look like a beefed up i3, but most don't come with all metal frames.

Ah the bcn3d+ is an actual model.

Looking at it - yes I'd say the idealio bulldozer was the better printer - on paper.
    much larger print volume, easily interchangeable mozzles.
    Plus laser and milling heads to be added later.

The bcn3d+ will print at up to 300c, which seems to be the only point it beats the dealio on.

If you want something cheaper look for a spanish dealer selling the wanhao duplicator i3 2.1. Should be half the price of the other 2 printers and same build volume as the bcn3d+