Close

Engineer-in-Training

Tips for NinjaFlex filaments?

Are there tips for NinjaFlex fliaments? I have PowerSpec Ultra 3D printer (Flashforge Dreamer clone). I searched the Internet and found out that on some extruders, if there is too much space between the gear that moves the filament and the hotend, the soft filament may create a "mess". Any suggestions? I wish to print tires for model cars.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    1. Don't use a bowden printer - use a printer which pulls material to the head.
    2. Don't print too fast - 20 mm/sec is nice for ninjaflex.
    3. Don't print sharp corners - rounded corners do much better.

http://www.hyrel3d.com/materials/

Engineer-in-Training
    I got the NinjaFlex filament yesterday and was able to print two tires for model cars without any problems. Settings in Simplify3D:

Extruder Temp: 235 degrees C
    Build Platfrom: 40 degrees C and blue painter's tape
    Print Speed: 30 mm/s
    Infill: 25%
    Cooling fan on

I found out that there is bubbling on top surface of a test cube due to 25% infill. Will setting infill to 50% fix the problem?

Engineer-in-Training
    I got the NinjaFlex filament yesterday and was able to print two tires for model cars without any problems. The tires came from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1408635
    Settings in Simplify3D:

Extruder Temp: 235 degrees C
    Build Platfrom: 40 degrees C and blue painter's tape
    Print Speed: 30 mm/s
    Infill: 25%
    Cooling fan on

I found out that there is bubbling on top surface of a test cube due to 25% infill. Will setting infill to 50% fix the problem?