Close

Student

Unhappy Newbie with Matter Controls / Creator Pro

Hi I have a Flash Forge Creator Pro. I saw a printing from a friend with another machine, I got one of his programs and printed it Much better quality that what I was getting with my software. It's like his gcode was printing a full circle, and mine was starting and stopping at one point.

I was using simply3D printing to SD card and then Sneaker netting it to the printer.
    He was using Matter Control, I downloaded and installed it. First print was a string of ABS. When the print starts the Z axis is all the way at the bottom of stroke! So the Home position is Wrong? How do I change or adjust that ?

TIA Michael :- )

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by int3man View Post
    Hi I have a Flash Forge Creator Pro. I saw a printing from a friend with another machine, I got one of his programs and printed it Much better quality that what I was getting with my software. It's like his gcode was printing a full circle, and mine was starting and stopping at one point.

I was using simply3D printing to SD card and then Sneaker netting it to the printer.
    He was using Matter Control, I downloaded and installed it. First print was a string of ABS. When the print starts the Z axis is all the way at the bottom of stroke! So the Home position is Wrong? How do I change or adjust that ?

TIA Michael :- )
    So in reading further the Matter Control uses a software leveling. Could that be a mandatory set-up to use this set up? My table is level the old fashioned way, but because the printer is now plugged into the computer it may be expecting that to be calibrated?

Thanks Michael :- )