Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    "Rumor" (fact) has it that Hyrel is building a significantly larger model soon to become available, but again. Talk to them.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you might wnat to also look at the makerfarm 12' with the new upgrades. coomes in at around $1000.

12x11.5x13.5 very good build volume. It does mention soldering irons - so that'd rule me out :-)
    But for the money - really nice bit of kit.
    http://www.makerfarm.com/index.php/12-pegasus-kit.html/

Actually the replicator clones with the 7.2 firmware and up will print the same thing simultaneously from both extruders. it's an option in the control panel, someone mentioned on here a while back.
    I haven't tried it yet - but I will :-)

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    you might wnat to also look at the makerfarm 12' with the new upgrades. coomes in at around $1000.

12x11.5x13.5 very good build volume. It does mention soldering irons - so that'd rule me out :-)
    But for the money - really nice bit of kit.
    http://www.makerfarm.com/index.php/12-pegasus-kit.html/

Actually the replicator clones with the 7.2 firmware and up will print the same thing simultaneously from both extruders. it's an option in the control panel, someone mentioned on here a while back.
    I haven't tried it yet - but I will :-)
    Yes looks interesting and its price is down to $675 which is good. Will read what it has for level bed and if heated etc. Looks like their upgrade kit has self leveling bed. The soldering doesn't bother me, I have done plenty of that in my Ham Radio hobby.
    Thanks for the info about it.

I'd go with the upgrade, simply because it puts the machine into a whole different category.
    Well worth the extra.

Follow Jason3DSL On Twitter Add Jason3DSL on Facebook
    Its pretty hard to go past the 3DP Workbench. It's not just a Kickstarter campaign it a properly engineered bit of kit which therefore costs a bit more than $2000. http://3dsl.com.au/3dp-workbench/

Technician
    I would be surprized if it prints better then the Cubicon Single Plus system, and the Cubicon Single plus is alot
    less in price.

yes but according to the cubicon website it's print volume is pretty standard:
    240 x 190 x 200 mm (W x D x H)

Not exactly even close to the 3dp - or any of the other printers mentioned in this thread.

Look, we have no objection to people pushing their own machines - but at least try and push it in a relevant thread.
    This is not that thread :-)

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason3DSL View Post
    Its pretty hard to go past the 3DP Workbench. It's not just a Kickstarter campaign it a properly engineered bit of kit which therefore costs a bit more than $2000. http://3dsl.com.au/3dp-workbench/
    I think Cubicon is on the right path with auto leveling pad and setup for each print. Im sure they will increase their
    print area aswell and then 3dp will have to look out for that company to compete in the large print area machines.

i think there are 900 printer manufacturers , about 890 too many if you ask me. Im all of open source, modularity etc, but its simply WAY too crowded of a space right now.
    Even if/when cubicon makes a bigger printer they are just 1 in a sea of many. Ill stick with my gmax right now. big volume, and stunning quality

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    I think Cubicon is on the right path with auto leveling pad and setup for each print. Im sure they will increase their
    print area aswell and then 3dp will have to look out for that company to compete in the large print area machines.
    none of which is relevant TO THIS THREAD.

At the moment you can't recommend cubicon for a large volume printer as they do not make one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast